BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Jimny Rebuild.

• m6avh
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 May 2013 07:57 #72066 by m6avh
Jimny Rebuild. was created by m6avh
Okay so after having a burt out spark plug and having that repaired it still misfiring I have taken my time to think and I am going to rebuild my Jimny.

I love the Jimny its a great car and I have though if I strip it all out and start again get rid of the rust and spray everything etc it will go on for many more years yet.

Having looked online and seeing I can get a engine almost new for £700-£800 I think its what im going to do.

plus its almost summer, looking more promising that the last few years and it being warmer meaning I can get outside and pull it apart.

So I will be coming back and asking advise etc. I will also use this project as a learning curve and would like to know my Jimny inside and out.

See you around :woohoo:

I will update this topic with my progress.

Thanks again to everyone here ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 May 2013 09:53 #72073 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic Jimny Rebuild.
Replace an engine due to a missfire are you mad

Do a compression test
Test coil pack / plug lead
Check tappets if its a single cam engine
Chech injector
Engine eletrics
Spark plug gaps

• m6avh
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 May 2013 10:09 - 29 May 2013 10:16 #72074 by m6avh
Replied by m6avh on topic Jimny Rebuild.
Its not just because of the misfire but I want to strip it out and get rid of the rust etc but also gives me a chance to go over it and as a learning experience etc.

Last edit: 29 May 2013 10:16 by m6avh.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds