BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

outback jimny

• Shep
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jul 2013 06:38 #76998 by Shep
Replied by Shep on topic outback jimny
Looking good hippyman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ozjoel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jul 2013 06:42 #76999 by ozjoel
Replied by ozjoel on topic outback jimny
make sure you do your tire a few inches higher, i had to flip my tow tongue to get the trailer on, i will cut off the mounts and raise it 50 mm at work, my bad, i wanted everything low lol.

• Shep
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jul 2013 08:16 #77008 by Shep
I want a lot of clearance as my trailer brakes take up a bit of room and I want as much trailer to awesome car articulation as possable

• ozjoel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Aug 2013 00:46 #79241 by ozjoel
auxiliary fuel tank getting sorted, its a bit of mucking around but will be worth it.
ordered spot lights in various sizes and a small l.e.d bar to give me some decent light for night driving.
cargo barrier ordered and im mucking about with a roof basket.
thinking of painting the jimny a different colour. not sure.

• PascalASR
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Aug 2013 12:51 #79265 by PascalASR
Replied by PascalASR on topic outback jimny
Nice Jimny you have there!

Some engine mods coming??

• ozjoel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Aug 2013 02:13 #79322 by ozjoel
not sure on the engine mods, it has no power, so im unsure of what mod i can do short of a engine swap, there is a super charger kit available for the m13 over here, but you get a "massive" 10kw gain for $6000, doesnt really seem bang for buck.
and i just dont think the engine will handle a turbo as well as cost vs payoff being worthwhile.

interested to hear other peoples opinions on what they have done to squeeze a couple more stallions out of the engine!

• steffan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Aug 2013 05:46 #79325 by steffan
Replied by steffan on topic outback jimny
I believe most people just do an engine conversion as its far more cost effective and you arnt taking the tiny little 1.3 to its limits

• ozjoel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Aug 2013 07:22 #79329 by ozjoel
yeah that sounds like the easiest best outcome, see how i go, i have drivin slower, so its not to bad yet lol

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Aug 2013 07:33 #79330 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic outback jimny
Most people in Oz go for the Suzuki Baleno engine conversion, which gives you a 1600 dohc engine that is a happy revver and about 20 more horsepower. Fairly straightforward conversion been done and pictorialised quite a bit. Can be done in a day.

• Shep
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Aug 2013 07:50 #79331 by Shep
Baleno conversion is only an option for a early jimny with a G series motor. I think the pick for a vvt jimny is the 1.6 M series motor from a swift sport. 100kw and 160nm.

• ozjoel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Aug 2013 09:03 #79334 by ozjoel
true that, in australia you cant go backwards in an engine conversion, ie. you canbt put an engine in from an older series, and as im in the m13 i would need a similar engine (m15/15/18)
its to do with safety and emissions etc.

what is actually different from a m13 to a m16?
is it just the crank giving it a longer stroke? or are they different bore, crank and block?
what puts me off is the multitude of ecu faults the swap throw up as the m16 and m13 are from different vehicles/different computers.

i was looking at getting the cylinders bored out and cam work for a bit more power, and get the head ported and poillished, undecided, like i said im not really noticing the lack of power to much, i really like the fuel economy.

More
13 Aug 2013 19:58 #79797 by Rhinoman
Replied by Rhinoman on topic outback jimny

ozjoel wrote: what puts me off is the multitude of ecu faults the swap throw up as the m16 and m13 are from different vehicles/different computers.

You have to use the 1.3 ECU and all its sensors with the 1.6 injectors. Its possible to remap the 1.3 ECU but most people report that it works OK without any mods.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds