BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Trailer hubs

More
24 May 2023 17:00 #249265 by me101
Trailer hubs was created by me101
Hi, just bought a project trailer, so need some info / help if poss. Would ideally like to put Jimny wheels on it, but failing that, I need to at least find a spare for what I have.. Currently running 165/13, with 4x112pcd and 70cb. This appears to be an awkward pcd. So, does anyone know if you can get an adapter for this to a more common pcd, or can the hubs be changed? Thanks. (Will update with pics upon completion!) 

2007 Little Jim with cheap mods!
www.youtube.com/channel/UCeBDekO99Qk2aOmBmSmrI9w
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2023 06:21 #249323 by me101
Replied by me101 on topic Trailer hubs
Quick update - I need glasses, or a better way to measure accurately! Got hold of an old Volvo S40 steel wheel, and that fits (so at least I now have a spare wheel). So hub would seem to be 4x114.3pcd with 67.1cb. Anyone know of an adapter for this to Jimny wheel size? Obviously don't want to spend hundreds. Cheers

More
29 May 2023 07:25 #249325 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Trailer hubs
I am sure people use a front Jimny stub axle 
Welded to the trailer drum 
Then use front bearing hub from Jimny 

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
29 May 2023 07:26 #249326 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Trailer hubs
I once had a machinist re drill a pair of trailer drums on a mill for a tractor trailer and that seemed to work. Wasn't used at high speed though.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
29 May 2023 07:31 #249327 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Trailer hubs
Go to search bar
Type in Jimny trailer 
User name Riccy 
This shows it done 

More
29 May 2023 08:57 #249330 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Trailer hubs
4x4.5"pcd. Nobody will make an off the shelf adapter because the Jimny uses an equally obscure size, but I question the need to fit Jimny wheels? I know it seems like a sensible idea to have the same wheels on your car as the trailer, but in reality Jimny wheels are far too big and heavy for that size of trailer. A trailer needs its own spare anyway, so you're better off finding one spare to match the others (£50 on ebay), which will fit neatly behind the hitch against the trailer headboard.

More
29 May 2023 09:49 #249331 by me101
Lambert - Not much faster than a tractor, but only want to try a tested methed if possible (but thanks)

Jackonlyjack - I have never welded, but will have a look for Riccy trailer

Busta - Was just trying to get a matching set, so they could be interchangeable if needed. Hopefully making a trailer to put a RTT on (really fancy going to Norway). But, as long as I have a spare, it is not essential.

Cheers

More
29 May 2023 22:10 - 29 May 2023 22:15 #249344 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Trailer hubs
On my trailer I got 4x100 to 5x5.5 spacers. As these bolt patterns interfere, you will need a double spacer. One inner with 4lug, then one outer with 5 lug and they are bolted together with a third unevenly spaced bolt set to combine. Not cheap.
The fact that a 4 lug and 5 lug pattern at more or less same diameter interfere, is also why redrilling the drums is not a good idea. Between two of the bolts there will be not enough material to make it strong enough.

I am not a fan of spacers so planning on making my own 4x100 wheels from a set of 15" Toyota steels and move the centers and reweld. 

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 29 May 2023 22:15 by yakuza.

More
29 May 2023 22:13 #249345 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Trailer hubs
By the way, welcome to Norway!
I do a bit of overlanding myself with the SJ trailer.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
03 Jun 2023 18:47 #249409 by me101
Yakuza - I think I will just get wheels and tyres to suit the trailer, will be my easiest route. Seen a lot of your pics on here, hoping to get the time for a decent trip myself. Looking to get to Norway when I can, visited on a cruise last year, great looking place.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds