BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

PRIVATE OFF ROAD TRACK/COURSE

• Baloo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Oct 2021 13:23 #239760 by Baloo
PRIVATE OFF ROAD TRACK/COURSE was created by Baloo
HI
 im just putting this out for discussion for now to gather peoples thoughts ideas,  i have about 5 acres of land i dont really use apart from playing around with buggies and 4wd 's    i was pondering doing something more with it,  i have an excavator so constructing an off road course would not cost a lot apart from diesel, i dont want a pay and play site  with the usual carnage that comes with that i was thinking of constructing  an 80 odd gate course where it starts off easy with the gates marked as 1 then each gate increases 2 3 4 etc as the course progresses and you just keep adding the number of points on the last gate you passed through before you came to a halt,  some of the gates can have an easy by pass with gates marked as negative numbers you take of your score  if  you dont fancy some of the tougher gates,,   the only way i see this working is if its run by a club or association   where by the only people that can have access  are members of the club, more  a social gathering with somewhere to flex those jimnys   there is a flat section of field where you could camp on a saturday night  so you could have 2 rounds   one on a saturday afternoon and again on sunday morning, i can put a portaloo in  but there is no electric or running water  but there is a stream for water  for jet washing the vehicles down  not that i expect much mud  as its on a bank i would engineer it so water runs away from al the sections as i find crawling over obstacles more fun than being stuck  door mirror deep in bearing destroying  slurry,   it could be run as just for fun or a trial with a prize funded by entry fee,  highest score of the day for a road taxed vehicle  getting £50 or something     location is just south of Birmingham  in a place called redditch,   its a tight twisty course i doubt a landrover would make some of the corners  so i will have to think of some critera that accepts small 4x4s such as suzuki only lol

thoughts please 

thanks Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2021 14:12 #239763 by Roger Fairclough
There are lots of 4x4 clubs that are on the look out for pieces of land that they can run RTV trials (road taxed vehicle). First thing they need to know is where is the site? Then it's a case of what access is available. There are problems, usually associated with mud on the road and noise but these can usually be overcome.
So, where is the site? As a matter of course I live in Redditch and an obvious club would be the Midland Offroad Club.

Roger

• Baloo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Oct 2021 14:24 #239765 by Baloo
Replied by Baloo on topic PRIVATE OFF ROAD TRACK/COURSE
Hi Roger
i was a member of the morc club way back in its infancy when Joe darby was involved with it, in fact they did come and look at the land but were only interested in comp safari which its not big enough for , location is close to Alvechurch
cheers Andy

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
31 Oct 2021 17:40 #239768 by Lambert
I suspect the biggest issue is going to be planning permission/land use from the local authority. Then there will be increasingly smaller red tape issues to resolve like liability insurance etc etc etc. I have quietly looked into something like this if and when I inherit the farm and I came to the conclusion it's a nice idea but not something that the council would look favourably on.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
31 Oct 2021 23:27 #239776 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic PRIVATE OFF ROAD TRACK/COURSE
This sounds like a great idea. But of a drive from me but worth it for a weekend.

More
01 Nov 2021 16:25 #239792 by Roger Fairclough
Hi Andy.
Joe Darby, blimey that's 25 plus years ago. Chairman about that time was Chaz, him of the white cap and the penchant for ramming trees.
Keep us in touch.

Roger

More
01 Nov 2021 17:10 #239793 by gv42
Replied by gv42 on topic PRIVATE OFF ROAD TRACK/COURSE
This is a great Idea for a good weekend with the JIMNYS

• Baloo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Nov 2021 21:14 - 01 Nov 2021 21:22 #239800 by Baloo
Replied by Baloo on topic PRIVATE OFF ROAD TRACK/COURSE
i will be going ahead with the track   how l use it is undecided as of yet,  the council would have a fit if i was apply to run it as a business, i think the way forward is to use it under the 28 day rule and keep a low profile,  and operate it as a bunch of mates having the odd day in the fields                       we used to have alsorts there 12 years ago and we never got any bother from the council
crawler round the pond 6 - YouTube

crawler round the pond 3 - YouTube

offroad buggy - YouTube

Last edit: 01 Nov 2021 21:22 by Baloo.

More
02 Nov 2021 07:11 #239806 by sniper
Consider a wheel wash, dumping a load of mud on the road at the exit to the site would likely cause some interest.

sniper

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds