BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Dual Mass Flywheel Woes

• Grego
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Oct 2015 18:10 #154194 by Grego
Dual Mass Flywheel Woes was created by Grego
I drive a VX Zafira 1.9 16v diesel which has a DMF (along with a DPF and an EGR....oh the joys :( ) and suspect the Dmf is starting to fail.
It is only just audible now and again and then, very breifly , came up to a t junction and as wifey put it, it sounds like somebody is playing the drums in the footwell, but that was a few weeks ago, and i have done 150 miles since then and havent heard it since(only used at weekends) but when idleing it doesnt quite sound right and the clutch feels gritty half way down.

Ive had the car 5 yrs, got used to the DPF regens and happy to spend the dosh to put it right, but if it were to let go, would it cause any damage to other parts or am I ok to drive it till it stops?
Car is an 07 with 57k

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gaz3359
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Oct 2015 19:53 #154204 by gaz3359
Replied by gaz3359 on topic Dual Mass Flywheel Woes
If it were me id not let it go till the point of failure, for instance we had an 09 plate volvo v70 (with the crap 2.0 diesel ford lump) in the garage and the customer had it recovered because they thought it was misfiring and it turned out the flywheel had given up and it looked like the engine was trying to escape the bay.was no damage to the gearbox etc but the clutch was a mess.food for thought anyways.

• Grego
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Oct 2015 21:09 #154216 by Grego
Replied by Grego on topic Dual Mass Flywheel Woes
Thanks Gaz, drove it earlier and with the clutch dipped it was knocking irregularly again .
I need to do about 20 to 30 miles in it in the next couple of weeks so will take it in after that.

• ne-crock
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Oct 2015 01:08 - 23 Oct 2015 01:09 #154227 by ne-crock
Replied by ne-crock on topic Dual Mass Flywheel Woes

when a flywheel goes bang...

not to try scare you or anything :P
Last edit: 23 Oct 2015 01:09 by ne-crock.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds