BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Really childish rage...

• distantcamera
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Sep 2012 19:37 #48080 by distantcamera
Really childish rage... was created by distantcamera
Today I felt like a 5 year old that got his ass kicked on school sports day!

I did my LANTRA sit-in ATV training in a Polaris 6WD Ranger. The training was good and I was pretty amazed by what the machine could get away with, without even feeling like we were pushing it.

Then we had to reverse trailers. I have pretty much zero experience with trailers (though I do have a towbar on my Jimny). I usually unhitch the tiny trailer I use and turn it round by hand. I can not believe how crap I was at it. Really, really bad. Back and forth, back and forth, bloody thing never going where I wanted it :blush:

And I got in a properly stressed out and pissed off at myself that I couldn't do it, and have remained that way for the rest of the day. I feel just like a kid that's been made to do something too hard. Bawls. Got to sort that out - bloody embarrassing. To their credit, my fellow trainees buggered off to drink coffee instead of standing and laughing at me - none of them had any trouble.

Gah! Surprised by how crap I am, but also my childish reaction. I don't wanna ever drive again :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2012 19:52 #48082 by j999pre
Replied by j999pre on topic Really childish rage...
If it helps. The bigger the trailer the easier it is to reverse. My caravan is a doddle but the litle jobbing trailer can turn on you at the slightest provocation.

The old adage.

Practice, practice, practice.

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

• niva77
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Sep 2012 20:52 #48090 by niva77
Replied by niva77 on topic Really childish rage...
Small trailers are a nightmare! 6x6 Polaris rocks though! Mind you dont set fire to the brakes like we did...

• Nobby22
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Sep 2012 19:18 - 15 Sep 2012 19:20 #48160 by Nobby22
Replied by Nobby22 on topic Really childish rage...
Small trailers are a nightmare but its no differnt to a big trailer at the end of the day! It also depends on where the axel sits on the trailer as well.

Its all down to anticipation, moderate movements of the steering wheel and lots of practice.

Dont worry distantcamera, i see people learning to revervse trailers at my work every year and most of them carnt do it to start with.

Nobby
Last edit: 15 Sep 2012 19:20 by Nobby22.

More
16 Sep 2012 14:53 #48195 by dirtydogz
Replied by dirtydogz on topic Really childish rage...
Had the same trouble with my little trailer, so l bolted a piece of pipe on the tail gate so I can see it in the wing mirrors.

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds