BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Account DELETED

• v8dougie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Sep 2012 09:37 - 03 Sep 2012 09:39 #47386 by v8dougie
Account DELETED was created by v8dougie
This is rubbish!

I have just had to re-register on bigjimny.com as it deleted my account! This happened to anyone else? Lost all my settings, all my old posts and links to useful info, and my status!

Good to be back again though!

Phil
Last edit: 03 Sep 2012 09:39 by v8dougie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• reaper
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Sep 2012 09:56 #47387 by reaper
Replied by reaper on topic Account DELETED
are you sure you used the correct log in details ?
also maybe an email to Martin would probably be a better idea than a rant on the open forums

More
03 Sep 2012 10:23 #47388 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Account DELETED
Phil did contact me and we did look at what went wrong with his account and yes, its a rubbish system!.

I have been through a number of upgrades recently in order to reduce spam. One of the key upgrades is automatic spam detection/deletion software. This traps around 75 Spam messages per day, but still lets some through or mis-identifies legitimate posts as Spam.

It also has a facility to add a clickable button to messages so that moderators can identify users/messages as Spam.

Unfortunately this software is still undergoing development and during a version deploy a couple of weeks back this "Spam button" deleted the wrong users and messages ie. when clicked on it deleted a user and message unrelated to the message being displayed. This has now been cured but not before some damage was caused.

Phil was an unwitting victim of this damage and I apologise.

It seems to be a never ending fight, the only consolation is that this must be considered a popular forum to attract so much Spam attention.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: v8dougie

• v8dougie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Sep 2012 12:17 #47395 by v8dougie
Replied by v8dougie on topic Account DELETED
Thanks Martin, good to know what happens at least. If me having to re-register means we get rid of most of the spammers it is worth it!

Hopefully it wont happen to anyone else, if nothing else it is really annoying trying to work out the letters in the code picture I now have to fill in each time I post!

Well look forward to making lots of new friends (again!)

PS. Thanks Martin for all the time and effort it must take you to run this excellent site, only wish I could help out, but have no time!

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Sep 2012 15:05 #47406 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic Account DELETED

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Sep 2012 15:05 #47407 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic Account DELETED

More
03 Sep 2012 15:13 - 03 Sep 2012 15:13 #47408 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Account DELETED

v8dougie wrote: Hopefully it wont happen to anyone else, if nothing else it is really annoying trying to work out the letters in the code picture I now have to fill in each time I post!

After a couple of posts the code picture disappears!

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 03 Sep 2012 15:13 by mlines.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds