BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

edf electricity - at your peril !!!!

More
11 Jun 2012 21:16 #42197 by robs5230
up to january of this year we were on storage heaters and were stung on a monthly basis by our very greedy provider edf.
our landlord fitted a state of the art heating system - air source heat pump - providing 3kw electricity for every 1kw to run it . mega efficient.
we needed to change to a standard tarrif instead of (un)economy 7.
edf created massively about this ( presumably as their ripping off of us was to end )
we had built up a couple of hundred pounds debit with them as they had not increased our monthly payments beyond 60 quid a month ( all electric no gas ) . they had finally increased this to 90 quid about last october and the debit was quickly reducing.
we then get a letter saying our monthly payment was to go down to 49 quid ( less consumption) but they wanted 150 quid for the debit straight away.
i smartly told them to get fu**ed and they agreed to 49 plus an extra 30 ( 11 quid a month less than we we happy to pay . happy days ?
fu** no !
last 2 months 79 plus 30 ?????? they have taken.
they are the biggest bunch of sh*t eating a**holes i have ever had the displeasure to deal with.
thinking of switching to edf ?? i'd think again

standard jimny - for now

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jun 2012 12:25 - 12 Jun 2012 12:26 #42233 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: edf electricity - at your peril !!!!
I may be old fashioned but I am still with the original provider for electric - still get a quarterly bill - still send in my meter reading three weeks after receiving the bill - get a revised bill 10 days later - then wait for the red reminder - then pay by credit card - usually get about 90 days credit this way - well worth the slightly higher tarriff :whistle:
Last edit: 12 Jun 2012 12:26 by darthloachie.

More
12 Jun 2012 15:45 #42244 by robs5230
anyone know the supposed discount for paying by direct debit ?

standard jimny - for now

• goatboy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jun 2012 16:16 #42246 by goatboy
Replied by goatboy on topic Re: edf electricity - at your peril !!!!
they are all the same mate.

Just think about how much direct debits are making them, most people are well in credit with them.
Even if they only have a million customers each one of them only £10 in credit, thats £10million they have sitting in their banks that doesn't belong to them. It does wonders for their cash flow and the potential for earning interest on all that too.

No wonder they like to over charge...

More
23 Jun 2012 15:10 #42797 by facade
I'm with eon.
Got a capped rate, always go capped, as the prices skyrocket every year, and it does save money.

However, I cannot even understand how they work out the "simple" bill.
I've got a Science degree and I can't do it.
Every bill has a different amount of units at mega-ripoff price, and the rest at sensible price, God only knows how they arrive at the split rate.
They won't even tell you how they convert the gas from m3 to kWh, because it is "too confusing"
(All you do is multiply by the calorific value and by the density weighting factor from average temperatures, and this is "too confusing" :ohmy: )

Had the displeasure of ringing them up a couple of weeks ago, 41/2 days on hold @ £500 per minute, can't wait for the phone bill, all because I want to increase the monthly payment, because I can see I will be massively in arrears in December, the average unit price is 20% more than before, but they didn't increase my payment by 20% to match.

I think they are all the same too....

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds