BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

What have you found while off roading?

More
19 Apr 2012 20:32 #38040 by fast forward
wow you found an ex army 101 landrover they also did the ambulance version they fetch between £3 -£6 grand depending on condition ! ;)

if you cant go round it go over it ! or vice versa ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2012 20:36 #38042 by fast forward
a few years ago i drove up a steep muddy hill in some woods late at night which joined a well hidden parking space at the top only too find a male and female officers making out in a panda car i made a quick decent back down ! :blush:

• Goat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Apr 2012 20:37 #38043 by Goat
I think I left my spade in the peak district propped against a wall. It's a blue one if anyone finds it. :side:

• myers647
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Apr 2012 20:47 #38044 by myers647
Replied by myers647 on topic Re: What have you found while off roading?
HA HA that would have been worth a few quid if you took a photo and sent it to the sun news papers.lol

More
19 Apr 2012 21:01 #38045 by fast forward
its true mate and i always think back what i could have done .it was a bit of a shock when my headlights lit them up :woohoo:

More
20 Apr 2012 19:48 #38167 by kirkynut
We found a nuclear bunker in Dunmow when Geocache / Greenlaning aka Geolaning recently that is a damn site more secret than the secret Nuclear Bunker near Kelvedon that is now a tourist attraction!

It's only ickle, just a room which had a telephone on the wall that they could phone London on to tell them of the impending doom!

Here's a photo from the web - I wish I took some as it was quite exciting going down there!

www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=dunmow+nuclear...=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:71

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Dutchjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Apr 2012 16:04 #38239 by Dutchjimny
Replied by Dutchjimny on topic Re: What have you found while off roading?
Last time we drove around the corner in the forrest and i popped my beams on and there it was some dude making out to a nice girl the funny bit was she was completely naked and he was fully dressed :lol: we had to pass them and we laughed out loud unfortunately they were gone on our second peek :laugh:

More
21 Apr 2012 16:07 #38241 by supergaz
Must have been a little shy!

• X-Eng Simon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Apr 2012 19:32 #38274 by X-Eng Simon
Replied by X-Eng Simon on topic Re: What have you found while off roading?
Kirky, that's a ROC (Royal Observer Core) bunker. There is, or at least was, one in most towns. Horsham used to have two, one like that and one above ground for the ROC members who drew the short straw. The underground one is still there if you know which Manhole to open!

Si

More
23 Apr 2012 02:39 #38381 by kirkynut

X-Eng Simon wrote: Kirky, that's a ROC (Royal Observer Core) bunker. There is, or at least was, one in most towns. Horsham used to have two, one like that and one above ground for the ROC members who drew the short straw. The underground one is still there if you know which Manhole to open!

Si

It's funny what you find and then learn about!

There are 2 of them around Dunmow which were recently sold by the Ministry of Information for £22k each to some company for storage but then they changed their minds and got shot too but I don't know who owns them now but this one is unlocked and accessible.

I know where to go if there is a threat of bother in that respect, not that I'll last long in that hole!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• happypig
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Apr 2012 13:39 #38410 by happypig
Replied by happypig on topic What have you found while off roading?
I had to go and mend the phone line in the Lewes ROC post in the 1980s. I was just told to "walk up the path behind the prison and he'll find you"
Did as directed and thought there was nothing there when a head appeared out of the ground and scared the crap out of me.

More
11 May 2012 09:13 #39944 by kirkynut

happypig wrote: I had to go and mend the phone line in the Lewes ROC post in the 1980s. I was just told to "walk up the path behind the prison and he'll find you"
Did as directed and thought there was nothing there when a head appeared out of the ground and scared the crap out of me.

Awesome, I bet he never tired of doing that to people!

Kirkynut

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds