BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

www.jimny.se

• viciouspenguin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Feb 2012 16:25 #33039 by viciouspenguin
Replied by viciouspenguin on topic Re: www.jimny.se
i think would be daft to use a system designed for blogging over a system specificity designed as a forum.

phpbb have messaging systems, we only login to the forum. and from a users perspective i'd rather have a better forum than a half hashed mash of various features.

you can keep joomla for information, personal updates et al, but a forum needs to operate correctly. if your going to integrate the two forums I'd steer clear of cutting corners it will only complicate things in the future

i see you have moved your shop to a proper cart system why not move the forum to proper forum.

i run a phpbb forum for peak 4x4 response, i am willing to help with any transitions, configurations and or moderating needed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2012 16:55 #33042 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re: www.jimny.se
Thanks for the offer, I actually run both Joomla/Kunena and Joomla/phpbb across a number of websites so am happy with the techniques etc.

www.2499atc.org
www.bigjimny.com
www.2477atc.org.uk

plus www.tv4x4.co.uk when I was webmaster.

The cart function in Joomla was rubbish which is why I went to Cubecart, however cubecart has a very poor admin interface. However I feel Kuena is suitable as a forum and will be keeping it. Those with a very long memory may have see phpBB on here, but spam issues plague that forum system.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• funkyjimny
    Registered
  • 2004 jimny soft top, factory hardtop, ARB bumper
More
08 Feb 2012 20:00 #33066 by funkyjimny
Replied by funkyjimny on topic Re: www.jimny.se
Good luck with jimny.se Martin, It was a great forum after jimnyworld sadly disappeared from the web, a lot of the Australian users got on there including Squick - these people were pushing the envelope of jimny mods many many years ago.
Fancy migrating the two forums to one domain - www.jimny.com ?

Bound to increase the worldwide sales of Bigjimny bits !

Gary

• Ekner
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Feb 2012 02:35 #33103 by Ekner
Replied by Ekner on topic Re: www.jimny.se
Martin
Great thanks for taking care of jimny.se. It has been a pleasure having the site since -05 and for quite some time it was frequently visited by Jimny owners from all over the world.

But as I sold my Jimny some years ago my interest in the site went down. One can easily say I only kept it for sentimental reasons.

My main concern has been to find someone who can take care of all the information stored in the forum as well as update it and/or merge it with an existing site.

...and browsing BigJimny gets me in the mood of buying one again... B)

I wish you the best of luck and are fully convinced that you are the man to take care of it all.

Rgds

..Boris

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds