BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

UPS= Useless Pile of ??????

More
11 Jan 2012 16:09 #30614 by facade
I sent my recalled exploding ipod back to Apple (in November :angry:)

On Monday I get home to a UPS InfoNotice : they attempted to deliver a package, but no-one is in.
(I also now have an email from Apple that says UPS will deliver it)

No problem, you can go to their website to get it redirected, EXCEPT YOU CAN'T because you have to do this before you got home to get the number off the card to arrange it.

But you can write on the docket to deliver next door and leave the docket in a prominent place for burglars to see, so I taped it to the door above the letter box where they have to see it as they put the docket through.

Tuesday, I sneak out early, drive through multiple red lights, and get home at 4:45, to another docket through the letterbox.
This time I try to redirect to work, EXCEPT YOU CAN'T ALTER THE DELIVERY ADDRESS.
But you can leave a special instruction to deliver next door.
And put a big sign next to the doorbell.
And put a huge sign above the letter box with TWO filled in and signed dockets authorising delivery next door.

Today I sneak out early and stop at the red lights, getting home at 5:50 to find

ANOTHER DOCKET through the letter box.

And the website won't let me do anything.

The depot is £7 of petrol away.

Now what?

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Keefe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2012 16:32 #30618 by Keefe
Replied by Keefe on topic Re: UPS= Useless Pile of ??????
Get an HTC! :laugh:

Must agree about UPS though.
If they are delivering to work, not much of a problem but to home, FORGET IT!

More
11 Jan 2012 16:40 - 11 Jan 2012 16:41 #30623 by Halford
yes but take comfort in the fact they actually tried to deliver it - not like a company that sounds like "sh*tty stink"

Jim Barber, Chief Executive UPS UK email = This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

send him an email
worked for me when I had an issue with sh*tty stink

:evil:
Last edit: 11 Jan 2012 16:41 by Halford. Reason: pissed

More
11 Jan 2012 16:45 #30627 by facade
They are just so singularly witless.
It must surely be obvious that to continually attempt to deliver to a private address at 9:48 Monday Tuesday Wednesday and now Thursday is a pointless waste of time.
What's the point of "Write your alternative instruction on the back of the docket and sign, then leave in a prominent position" if they just continually ignore it?
And the special instructions that I carefully typed in - ignore those as well?

I'll just ignore it and let Thursday fail, and then I'll have to waste a vast amount of time and money collecting it from likely further away than it started.

I'll fire off a stinging email to Apple, they can't use UPs to deliver to private addresses, it just plain won't work.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• happypig
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2012 17:14 #30632 by happypig
Replied by happypig on topic UPS= Useless Pile of ??????
Never had a problem with ups here. I was on nights when my iPhone was delivered by tthem so was in bed asleep. I left a note on the door saying 'please give me time' - doorbell woke me and bloke was waiting quite happily.
I think it depends the driver.

More
11 Jan 2012 17:25 #30633 by facade
The fault is Apple for using a business courier service.

UPS just aren't set up for private addresses, I think the website that you can't use after 5:00pm when you can't get the code to use it until you get home after 5:00pm is a particularly nice touch :side:

If they had simply used Royal Mail I could have picked it up from the sorting office 4 miles away when I do the shopping on Saturday.

More
11 Jan 2012 17:31 #30636 by facade
Actually, the fault is mine for sending it back in the first place. :blush:
It hadn't exploded since 2005, I stupidly thought I could get a new battery out of the recall.
So I send back a mint condition (always lived in a leather case) 100% working no issues nano, and will likely get some scratched clunker that just scrapes through the 90day warranty before quitting forever.

Serves me right I suppose...

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2012 19:45 #30667 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: UPS= Useless Pile of ??????
our city link guy is pretty good
its the explosive company that are crap !
tried to deliver a bike to next door but one 4 times despite ringing and talking to the depot
once my wife ran out and asked if they had a parcel for us and he said no, but it was on the van and taken back to the depot!
then they 'lost' a laptop - took them 4 weeks to investigate and couldn't find it so we got a refund and then they tried to arrange delivery 4 weeks later!
parcel force lost a propshaft for 4 days - it had slid under a seat in the back of the van so went for a ride around north staffs

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds