BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

I want one of these!!

• darthloachie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Dec 2011 07:24 #27609 by darthloachie
I want one of these!! was created by darthloachie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• myers647
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Dec 2011 09:08 #27613 by myers647
Replied by myers647 on topic Re: I want one of these!!
That's good mate, one of my squadrons where I was based in Germany was anfibious they had M3 rigs that bridged rivers.

• srcars
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Dec 2011 18:31 #27679 by srcars
Replied by srcars on topic Re: I want one of these!!
:ohmy: Blooming Heck, That must have hurt, 9 tonnes of steel hitting the water like that :ohmy:

• Nobby22
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Dec 2011 14:22 #27759 by Nobby22
Replied by Nobby22 on topic Re: I want one of these!!
Go on Milweb.com, there are usualy a few on there for sale. Only about £3500 on average, but for one that can swim it will cost more. If i had the money i would get the stalwarts cousin the Saladin armoured car :).

Nobby

More
14 Dec 2011 20:09 #28184 by fast forward
nice piece of kit like military vehicles myself owned quite a few , landrover lightweights , simca sumb a bit like a unimog , now own a willys jeep , but nothing beats my jimny ,:)

if you cant go round it go over it ! or vice versa ?

• Nobby22
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Dec 2011 15:51 #28366 by Nobby22
Replied by Nobby22 on topic Re: I want one of these!!

fast forward wrote: nice piece of kit like military vehicles myself owned quite a few , landrover lightweights , simca sumb a bit like a unimog , now own a willys jeep , but nothing beats my jimny ,:)

Those simca sumbs seem cheap, i think its because they are mostly petrol arent they? I swear i saw someone importing diesel ones lately. I bet your willys is worth a bit!
If i had the space and money i would love a fv432. The money to pay for the fuel :laugh: . I did a tank experience at Bovington and part of that was takeing one around a cousre. Awesome, for someone who drives tractors and the like i was amazed how smooth they are off road. Even in a tractor you have to avoid most pot holes but in a tracked vehicle you just glide over them. Jimnys are far more practical :laugh:

More
16 Dec 2011 16:54 #28376 by mcjimny
Replied by mcjimny on topic Re: I want one of these!!
belting video!

I'd love a big truck to play in, guy i know is selling his trayback 90 for a unimog. Can't wait to get a crack in it!

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

More
16 Dec 2011 17:32 #28379 by fast forward
simca sumb is a great cheap truck with a ford flat v8 engine ,yes some are diesel conversions very good off road with portal axles . been on some tank driving days myself and would like a tracked vehicle just waiting for a lottery win , :P

if you cant go round it go over it ! or vice versa ?

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds