BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

Genuine Suzuki Steel wheels & BFG K02 A/T tyres 215/75/15

• DAGZOOK
  • DAGZOOK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    Registered
  • First Time ZOOK owner!
More
16 Jan 2022 16:47 - 16 Jan 2022 16:47 #241221 by DAGZOOK
Hi All, 

For those that followed my 2019 Gen.4 SZ5 build thread, you'll remember I painstakingly refurbished and raptor coated a set of genuine Suzuki steel wheels for my zook. I fitted some brand new BF Goodrich A/T K02 Tyres which to date have covered less than 5k miles (on a lightweight Jimny that's practically un-used - as others have said you can expect to get in excess of 50k miles out of them on a Jimny).

My circumstances have now changed and I've put the SZ5 alloys and duellers on the little zook, due to having a second dedicated workhorse/off-roader. I'm looking to sell my x4 steel wheels and tyres and I thought advertising them here first in hope of selling them to a good home.

Tyres cost £115 a corner new, the wheel refurbishment (process can be seen on my build thread) cost £80 per wheel.

I'm looking for around £450, which will include an iron gates TPMS bypass module (needed for any gen.4 install). Location is 1 minute from Junction 20 of the M5, collection is preferred, I may consider delivery at buyers expense if required. 

Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Jan 2022 16:47 by DAGZOOK.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird, louchy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2022 22:35 - 17 Jan 2022 08:51 #241234 by louchy
I am very interested in these wheels, I have sent you a PM.

I am able to collect this afternoon or tomorrow, I will also send you my phone number via PM.

2003 '53 Jimny JLX Mode
2" Suspension Lift
Modular Steel Wheels + Manual Hubs
BFG MT's
ARB Delete
Breathers (Diffs, Transfer Box, Gearbox)
Raptor 4x4 Snorkel
Jimnybits Armour (Diffs, Transfer Box, Fuel Tank, Shock Mounts, Rad Arms)
Front & Rear Recovery Points
Front & Rear Lightbars

Last edit: 17 Jan 2022 08:51 by louchy.

• DAGZOOK
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    Registered
  • First Time ZOOK owner!
More
17 Jan 2022 16:06 #241267 by DAGZOOK
Thanks all for the interest, these have now been SOLD on a first come first serve basis to Roger Fairclough. I'll look forward to seeing them in action on his lovely SZ5 Gen.4!

More
17 Jan 2022 18:15 #241270 by Roger Fairclough
Yes I have got them and my intention is to do a before and after test on a sealed road surface, so watch this space.

Roger
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAGZOOK, louchy

More
17 Jan 2022 19:04 #241272 by louchy

Yes I have got them and my intention is to do a before and after test on a sealed road surface, so watch this space.

Roger
Hi Roger,

In the unlikely event they don’t float your boat please let me know and I’ll come and get them 

Chris.

2003 '53 Jimny JLX Mode
2" Suspension Lift
BFG MT's
ARB Delete
Raptor 4x4 Snorkel
Front & Rear Lightbars

More
19 Jan 2022 18:08 #241309 by Roger Fairclough
Info. so far. Everything checks out apart from the TPMS simulator. Don't get me wrong on this item, I haven't tried to fit it yet as prior commitments mean I haven't fitted the new wheels, but if this device is more a hassle than a help I will fit proper wheel senders.
So my question is, does anyone have any knowledge of the somewhat cheaper ones on the internet? The genuine Suzuki are £145 plus vat which I consider extortion. I could probably source a set from a damaged late gen.£ or gen.4.
Any comments?

Roger

• DAGZOOK
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    Registered
  • First Time ZOOK owner!
More
19 Jan 2022 19:53 #241313 by DAGZOOK

Info. so far. Everything checks out apart from the TPMS simulator. Don't get me wrong on this item, I haven't tried to fit it yet as prior commitments mean I haven't fitted the new wheels, but if this device is more a hassle than a help I will fit proper wheel senders.
So my question is, does anyone have any knowledge of the somewhat cheaper ones on the internet? The genuine Suzuki are £145 plus vat which I consider extortion. I could probably source a set from a damaged late gen.£ or gen.4.
Any comments?

Roger

Roger the iron gates bypass unit is a bit of a pain to 'synchronise' for the first time. Martin can vouch for that as he helped me test and configure mine.. once working it is reliable. Arguably not as reliable as purpose made TPMS sensors mounted to each wheel! Happy to chat over the phone if you need any help with the bypass unit. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roger Fairclough

More
19 Jan 2022 20:06 #241314 by Soeley
Roger, I bought a set of 4 off Ebay for £30 and they work. I got them to put in my alloys that are in the shed. I have just checked the same seller has these listed  Ebay Link  with the same P/N as the ones I bought.

More
21 Jan 2022 16:05 #241363 by Roger Fairclough
Update.

Tyres had 10.5 mm tread so a nominal wear rate to be expected from B.F.G. Actual tread on the road is 173mm as apposed to the original tyres at 135mm. This equates to an increase of 28.4%, not to be sniffed at.

On the road is interesting because they are as quiet as the originals and have the benefit of less squirm and more precise control. I was not expecting that.

I did an acceleration test using 40 - 60 mph in top as a practical figure and achieved 11.5 seconds original tyres and 13 seconds with B.F.Gs. Again, I was expecting a bigger gap.

Finally the TPMS gizmo. I was expecting problems with this but I fitted it where DAGZOOK suggested and drove for 6 miles before the orange lights came on at which point I returned home and parked up for 45 minutes. Another drive for 4 miles and the orange lights went off and all reverted to normal.

I breathed a sigh of relief and drove home. So far so good.

Bye the way, the batteries in the unit registered 0.7 volts so I replaced them.

Roger
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAGZOOK

More
21 Jan 2022 16:21 #241364 by Roger Fairclough
Before and after pics.

Roger

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAGZOOK, louchy

More
21 Jan 2022 17:06 #241365 by gv42
Jimny looks good now with the new tyres

More
21 Jan 2022 21:23 #241379 by louchy

Before and after pics.

Roger

It looks fantastic! What a transformation.

2003 '53 Jimny JLX Mode
2" Suspension Lift
BFG MT's
ARB Delete
Raptor 4x4 Snorkel
Front & Rear Lightbars

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds