BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

TOE HITCH

More
27 Jan 2019 21:10 #201888 by Dirtbird
Replied by Dirtbird on topic TOE HITCH
Yeah correct but where's the best / easiest location to hack in.

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TaterTot
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jan 2019 08:44 #201903 by TaterTot
Replied by TaterTot on topic TOE HITCH
I would guess that depends if you want to be able to turn it on when the ignition is off or not.

Also if you want the switch by the lamp, or in the dash. Personally, I would have it up front, so I could turn it on/off while driving. Simply because I would forget it, and drive off.

More
28 Jan 2019 08:48 - 28 Jan 2019 08:48 #201904 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic TOE HITCH
I don't know the layout and I'm no electrickery engineer, but wouldnt you just have another wire bypassing the existing g'box switch, with a manual (dashboard operated switch) on that wire?. Slecting reverse makes the circuit with the g'box switch, or you can make it with the dashboard switch.

For legal reasons the dash switch may need to be an illuminated one so it can't be left on while driving - I think its illegal to show a white light to the rear while moving forward

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 28 Jan 2019 08:48 by Max Headroom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

More
28 Jan 2019 13:25 #201917 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic TOE HITCH

Dirtbird wrote: Lads, what would be the easiest way to override this reverse light with a switch so that I have a work light?

When my gearbox reverse switch failed I found where the wires to the gearbox passed under the dash, cut them and routed them up to a switch in one of the blanks next to the fog light. If you wired the new switch in parallel it would maintain the function of the gearbox switch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

More
28 Jan 2019 19:05 #201935 by Dirtbird
Replied by Dirtbird on topic TOE HITCH
Yes it is the quickest and closest thanks lads

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds