BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

Muds

• Ruedeleglise
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jan 2018 18:43 #188186 by Ruedeleglise
Replied by Ruedeleglise on topic Muds
Interesting. For my personal Jimny, not the one I am looking for muds for, I went to a private long established tyre exhaust servicing firm. I had standard as from new road tyres I wanted to replace with more chunky 50/50s. Following recommendations on this site I suggested Yokohama golander. They agreed. Same 205s . I am delighted with them. I have gone where Defenders are nervous with no problems. On the road and motorway they are no more noisy than the originals which were 205 Duelers.
I guess with tyres, one mans meat is another mans poison! This second Jimny will only run on a road for about 10% of the time....if that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jan 2018 20:14 #188190 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic Muds
Totally agree about the Yokoharmas for everyday use. Have them on Kates jimny and they have been excellent, 2 years on and only slightly worn. On mine I have 215/75/15 X3's that work well off road and are still nice on it. :)

More
09 Jan 2018 22:42 #188200 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Muds
A few mm difference in tyre size is neither here nor there. It is correct that the standard tyre for a Jimny is a 205/70 but that's not to say 195s and 215s are wrong. In terms or size, a 195/80 makes a more capable Jimmy than a 205/70. You also get a better choice of tyres if you are happy to deviate slightly from the standard size.

More
10 Jan 2018 06:07 #188215 by fozzie
Replied by fozzie on topic Muds
Hi Lee,

Returned your PM.

2012 Jimny Black. Totally standard (except for rear seat removal mod).

• ryan28
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jan 2018 18:17 #188344 by ryan28
Replied by ryan28 on topic Muds
Got these Malatesta Kobras on Jimny Alloys if you're interested?

Attachments:

• Ruedeleglise
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jan 2018 08:26 #188352 by Ruedeleglise
Replied by Ruedeleglise on topic Muds
Many thanks.....have found what we need now.
David.

More
06 Feb 2018 11:49 #189138 by Chrisl
Replied by Chrisl on topic Re:Muds
Ryan, have you still got the tyres n wheels for sale? Size , price ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds