BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Discuss the BigJimny Shop and Website in this section. Whats good, whats bad, whats ugly! - what would you like to see!

Re:Re:Re:Major Outage

More
01 Jan 2023 12:26 #246613 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Re:Re:Major Outage
Yep, typical. If you leave diagnostic logging turned on is there a way of clearing out the logs with a cron job, say every couple of days or weekly?

Happy New Year

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2023 20:25 #246627 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Re:Re:Major Outage
Hi,

I have set the logging to circular and limited the file size.

However I guess that if the logging solves the issue then we are never going to find it

Martin

Sent from my moto g42 using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
01 Jan 2023 21:07 - 01 Jan 2023 21:08 #246628 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Re:Re:Re:Major Outage
Many years ago I tested electronic equipment against electrical noise and interference for CEGB / military usage. It caused systems to shut down and finding the issue was difficult as fitting oscilloscopes etc added small amounts of capacitance, often enough to mask or fix the fault.
In these instances we simply mimicked the act of the device trying to capture the fault, adding small capacitors in the areas identified and bingo, problem fixed.

In this digital age what is the logger adding to the system?

Making the system slower or other?

Just offering no help, but trying to invoke an analogue way of thinking that's fixed many trips and shutdowns.
Good luck and thanks for all the work you do behind the scenes.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 01 Jan 2023 21:08 by Scimike.

More
03 Jan 2023 10:03 #246643 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Re:Re:Major Outage
I guess the logging can change the timing of any process as each command is written to the log, Also if there was something like an SQL injection attack going on the logging could add a layer of checking of the SQL commands?

Its strange

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds