A while ago I replaced the exhaust on "LittleJimny". Since then I have had great difficulty in getting it to seal. It is a sprung loaded flexible joint so should be a "dry" seal with no sealant or gasket, just a stainless steel mesh ring.
Those who know Jimny's, know that they can rust like mad. I bought mine knowing it needed some work doing, but step one was to get it under-sealed to stop the rot for as long as possible, giving me a chance to work on it over the coming months.
So its slowly onwards with the work. Those of you who what the forum will have seen me comment on the problem of corroded bolts and difficult access. The most challenging in a suspension upgrade is the bolt at the top of the rear shocks. This is left in the mud and muck and suffers the constant pounding of the suspension. Typically its rusted in place and the inner steel bush sleeve is cold welded to the bolt through the impact.
When I first "tested" the bolt on the drivers side, there was no movement, so I have been soaking it every day with various penetrating oils. Tonight I decided to "go for it!"