A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Recaro seats seat length adjustment

More
22 Apr 2021 10:53 - 22 Apr 2021 10:55 #234650 by RainerK
Hello,

I am currently installing Ignis Recaro seats into my Jimny. Everything went fine according to information here in the forum.

Now I am experiencing that the seat length adjustment does not work nicely because the seat back of the Recaro is 2 cm wider. This results in the seat length adjustment rail to be a little wider on the back and not parallel. The console is soft enough so that I can still mount the seats but the length adjustment is a little stuck - so it works but with more force, even after lubrication.

Could anyone give me advise what can be done? I am thinking of:  
- grinding out the holes in the back of the rails, about 1 cm each - then the distance of the rails would be wider in the back and the length adjustment might still get stuck
- grinding out the holes in the front and in the back
- bending the sides of the console (however this might be possible)

Thank you very much!

 
Last edit: 22 Apr 2021 10:55 by RainerK.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Lambert
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
    Registered
  • The best Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
22 Apr 2021 11:53 #234652 by Lambert
I have a couple of washers under just one side of my drivers seat and that just seems to ease the running? But the passenger runs free enough but I hardly ever move either seat.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
R.E.D Retired Extremely Dangerous
Bellerophon (2024 grello van) daily dose of disappointment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RainerK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds
Joomla template by a4joomla