A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.
Extra jacking points for £15
06 Jul 2020 19:10 - 06 Jul 2020 19:12 #224606
by HUN
TrailMaster 2" lift kit
Full floating rear axle conversion, JB underbody guards & recovery points
ORE transfer box HD brackets
T-Max split charge system
X-Shock Dakar ceramic clutch kit & roof rack
Flo-Flex castor polybushes
Kumho KL71 tyres
AVM manual hubs
ORA radius arm guards
Push-fit breathers
Extra jacking points for £15 was created by HUN
I was struggling to support and secure the car properly without having the front radius arms and beam axle installed. After a few minutes of head scratching, I've discovered that the adjustable tubes of my old axle stands (2t Halfords 40mm OD) perfectly fit into the holes of the cross member! :woohoo: Those two jacking points can hold the car no problem but I thing it's better to support the front as well because the chassiss flexes a bit! :huh:
I'm thinking to weld them to the chassiss permanently hence quickly bought a new replacement for £15! Cheaper than mild steel tubes!
I'm thinking to weld them to the chassiss permanently hence quickly bought a new replacement for £15! Cheaper than mild steel tubes!
TrailMaster 2" lift kit
Full floating rear axle conversion, JB underbody guards & recovery points
ORE transfer box HD brackets
T-Max split charge system
X-Shock Dakar ceramic clutch kit & roof rack
Flo-Flex castor polybushes
Kumho KL71 tyres
AVM manual hubs
ORA radius arm guards
Push-fit breathers
Last edit: 06 Jul 2020 19:12 by HUN.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
06 Jul 2020 19:35 - 06 Jul 2020 19:38 #224607
by HUN
TrailMaster 2" lift kit
Full floating rear axle conversion, JB underbody guards & recovery points
ORE transfer box HD brackets
T-Max split charge system
X-Shock Dakar ceramic clutch kit & roof rack
Flo-Flex castor polybushes
Kumho KL71 tyres
AVM manual hubs
ORA radius arm guards
Push-fit breathers
Replied by HUN on topic Extra jacking points for £15
I should not have tried to put the entire assembly on stands alone. I would not be supprised if I discovered some brown patches on my underpants later! :laugh: Heavy stuff! At least it's ready to work on tomorrow! :evil:
TrailMaster 2" lift kit
Full floating rear axle conversion, JB underbody guards & recovery points
ORE transfer box HD brackets
T-Max split charge system
X-Shock Dakar ceramic clutch kit & roof rack
Flo-Flex castor polybushes
Kumho KL71 tyres
AVM manual hubs
ORA radius arm guards
Push-fit breathers
Last edit: 06 Jul 2020 19:38 by HUN.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
