A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Do I carry on?

  • exlkrs
  • Topic Author
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
10 May 2020 11:20 #222091 by exlkrs
Do I carry on? was created by exlkrs
Bought a lemon that needs far more than I was led to believe. Still, that's life. Anyway. Needs front panel, Chassis outrigger welding centre and rear, associated floor areas, a little in the boot floor and inner sill. I can do it and do it to a good standard, that's no problem, but do I? do I chuck it or have a go. What would you do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2020 11:43 #222092 by me101
Replied by me101 on topic Do I carry on?
If it owes you little and can do the work yourself - carry on!

2007 Little Jim with cheap mods!
www.youtube.com/channel/UCeBDekO99Qk2aOmBmSmrI9w

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Reason2doubt
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
10 May 2020 11:49 #222094 by Reason2doubt
Replied by Reason2doubt on topic Do I carry on?
Learning what I have in the past year about my 20 year old Jimny, I would keep going.

From my limited understanding, there is no guarantee another car is any better (even Jimny's that are not that old) - so I think if you have the skills give it a solid go.

Since I got mine its had new boot floor, sills, front panel patched up, floors either side and rear inner wings + body mounts (not all at once). I had skills to do half of these jobs, but others had to go to a professional. Still worth it in my book as I know my car inside out and know it's solid now, unlike if I bought another one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • exlkrs
  • Topic Author
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
10 May 2020 11:49 #222095 by exlkrs
Replied by exlkrs on topic Do I carry on?
That's kind of where I am, just see no ads etc for useable outriggers it the thing that's putting me off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2020 12:06 #222097 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic Do I carry on?
You can buy most of the chassis components through the bigjimny.com shop at the top of the page. Send Martin an email to enquire about anything that you can't see.

Forum member "j999pre" breaks the odd car and could probably cut sections out for you.

Don't give up, they are lots of fun to own.... apart from the rust....

sniper
The following user(s) said Thank You: exlkrs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • exlkrs
  • Topic Author
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
10 May 2020 12:25 #222098 by exlkrs
Replied by exlkrs on topic Do I carry on?
Thanks for that. I agree, do like the thing and a lifetime with series Landrovers helps me 'understand'!! Just need pointing in the right direction. Boot floors and complete front panels are available, just stuck where to go for the most important bits really. Thanks again for the tips

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds
Joomla template by a4joomla
We use cookies to give you the best online experience. Please let us know if you agree to all of these cookies. Accepting the Cookies also accepts the Disclaimers for the website.