A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.
WON’T START.....
- Yorkie67
- Topic Author
- New Member
-

Public
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
22 Apr 2020 16:51 #221388
by Yorkie67
WON’T START..... was created by Yorkie67
Good afternoon, I hope you are all keeping safe and well at this difficult time.....?
I am hoping for some help and advice.
I have a 54 reg Jimny and it won’t start.
I had problems previously and was advised to check and change the Crankshaft sensor which sorted the problem out.
The issue now is....
Before I would turn the key and it would fire up straight away. Then after driving it for several weeks, I would turn the key and instead of it firing up straight away it would wind over for a few seconds and then fire up. Now it only winds over and does not fire.
It has fuel in it, new battery and a new crankshaft sensor.
Please can anyone advise and help me out....?
Many Thanks
I am hoping for some help and advice.
I have a 54 reg Jimny and it won’t start.
I had problems previously and was advised to check and change the Crankshaft sensor which sorted the problem out.
The issue now is....
Before I would turn the key and it would fire up straight away. Then after driving it for several weeks, I would turn the key and instead of it firing up straight away it would wind over for a few seconds and then fire up. Now it only winds over and does not fire.
It has fuel in it, new battery and a new crankshaft sensor.
Please can anyone advise and help me out....?
Many Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 9973
- Thank you received: 1998
23 Apr 2020 04:25 #221405
by Lambert
Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
R.E.D Retired Extremely Dangerous
Bellerophon (2024 grello van) daily dose of disappointment.
Replied by Lambert on topic WON’T START.....
Hi. Is it offering any warning lights for instance the little padlock flashing?
Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
R.E.D Retired Extremely Dangerous
Bellerophon (2024 grello van) daily dose of disappointment.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Yorkie67
- Topic Author
- New Member
-

Public
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
23 Apr 2020 12:56 #221421
by Yorkie67
Replied by Yorkie67 on topic WON’T START.....
Sod’s law the battery has gone flat now.
I don’t remember a flashing padlock.
Perhaps an engine symbol.
I am no mechanic...!
But all help and advice really appreciated.
I will try and charge up the battery.
I don’t remember a flashing padlock.
Perhaps an engine symbol.
I am no mechanic...!
But all help and advice really appreciated.
I will try and charge up the battery.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds
