A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.
Another Jimny start up problem
- halibut
- Topic Author
- New Member
-

Public
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
28 Mar 2020 16:32 #220361
by halibut
Another Jimny start up problem was created by halibut
Hello,
Recently I have took the battery out as to charge it at home (It was standing for a while and I know it will stand more then 2-3 weeks because of confinements). Meanwhile doing that I also sprayed the MAP sensor with (Appropriate spray).
So I did install the battery today which is OK.
But the engine is not starting. It's cranking. but not starting. First I though it's immobiliser but it seems it should be flashing. (mine is solid).
In service manual it says,
Is it immobilizer -> no -> do you have fuel? -> yes -> check spark plug cables, spark plugs ...
But what could have been wrong with them in just 2 days?
The car remained without the battery for 2 days. And it's not the first time I have done this.
Could it be somehow, sth was erased wiped out due to lack of energy?
Could it be the MAP sensor failure? (Sth I have done when spraying it???)
Any ideas are welcome. It would be difficult to transfer the car to the repair shop.
Thanks
Recently I have took the battery out as to charge it at home (It was standing for a while and I know it will stand more then 2-3 weeks because of confinements). Meanwhile doing that I also sprayed the MAP sensor with (Appropriate spray).
So I did install the battery today which is OK.
But the engine is not starting. It's cranking. but not starting. First I though it's immobiliser but it seems it should be flashing. (mine is solid).
In service manual it says,
Is it immobilizer -> no -> do you have fuel? -> yes -> check spark plug cables, spark plugs ...
But what could have been wrong with them in just 2 days?
The car remained without the battery for 2 days. And it's not the first time I have done this.
Could it be somehow, sth was erased wiped out due to lack of energy?
Could it be the MAP sensor failure? (Sth I have done when spraying it???)
Any ideas are welcome. It would be difficult to transfer the car to the repair shop.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 9973
- Thank you received: 1998
28 Mar 2020 20:24 #220372
by Lambert
Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
R.E.D Retired Extremely Dangerous
Bellerophon (2024 grello van) daily dose of disappointment.
Replied by Lambert on topic Another Jimny start up problem
Welcome to the forum. How old is the car/what engine does it have?
Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
R.E.D Retired Extremely Dangerous
Bellerophon (2024 grello van) daily dose of disappointment.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- halibut
- Topic Author
- New Member
-

Public
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
29 Mar 2020 05:31 #220394
by halibut
Replied by halibut on topic Another Jimny start up problem
Hi, yes, thanks.
It's 2007 1.3 petrol engine. Automatic. Sorry not mentioning. Still very frustrated with what's going on.
It's 2007 1.3 petrol engine. Automatic. Sorry not mentioning. Still very frustrated with what's going on.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
29 Mar 2020 10:18 - 29 Mar 2020 10:19 #220399
by Scimike
Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Replied by Scimike on topic Another Jimny start up problem
Hi and welcome,
I am not sure if the MAP fails if it generates an engine code and it could just be a coincidence that since cleaning it's not starting.
Let's go old school, It's the last thing you touched .
If you can get some air around the MAP sensor to let it "dry out", it's also an opportunity to check any electrical connections.
Take a spark plug out, dry or wet?
If wet it's possible the engine is flooded with fuel. You can remove all the plugs and let it dry out for an hour or try the accelerator to the floor, start turning over as you slowly reduce the accelerator pedal. Many take a few goes this way.
It's possible something else is the cause, but I guess you could disconnect the MAP and see if you get an error code. I have the means to clear any error codes, so don't do this if you can't clear it. I believe removing the battery clears any codes, but I can't confirm this as I have never used this method.
Good luck
Mike
I am not sure if the MAP fails if it generates an engine code and it could just be a coincidence that since cleaning it's not starting.
Let's go old school, It's the last thing you touched .
If you can get some air around the MAP sensor to let it "dry out", it's also an opportunity to check any electrical connections.
Take a spark plug out, dry or wet?
If wet it's possible the engine is flooded with fuel. You can remove all the plugs and let it dry out for an hour or try the accelerator to the floor, start turning over as you slowly reduce the accelerator pedal. Many take a few goes this way.
It's possible something else is the cause, but I guess you could disconnect the MAP and see if you get an error code. I have the means to clear any error codes, so don't do this if you can't clear it. I believe removing the battery clears any codes, but I can't confirm this as I have never used this method.
Good luck
Mike
Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 29 Mar 2020 10:19 by Scimike.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds
