A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Center Console Dimension

More
16 Mar 2020 06:03 #219904 by zukebob
I was very close to pulling the trigger on purchasing reduction gears for my push-button transfer case. Martin's article on the SJ413 case rebuild has now seduced me away from staying with the push-button system. The thing that I am struggling with now is how I integrate the shift lever in the newer automatic. I am hoping that one of the members (with the lever operated case) can provide a dimension. I am looking for the distance from the forward edge of the rear console to the forward edge of the shift lever boot (as shown in picture).



As shown below, I know that the cup holder on the forward console is in the way on mine. I would like to determine how much so that I can decide the best approach for accommodation.



Thanks
Bob

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2020 18:43 #219942 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Center Console Dimension
here you go...



and incase you were wondering about an older manual gearstick surround (sorry its upside down :silly: ):




Thanks for the FOX stickers as well. I think ive forgotten to say they arrived, so a big thank you just in case ;-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
The following user(s) said Thank You: zukebob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2020 00:42 #219963 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Center Console Dimension
And a big thank you to you Riccy. That covers everything I need. I may purchase one of the earlier consoles just to determine the possibility of splicing it to the upper portion of a newer model. Sure hate losing my cup holder. :laugh:

As far as the Fox stickers go, I'm just glad you received them. You can never be too sure when you send something out in the Philippine mail.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
The following user(s) said Thank You: Riccy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds
Joomla template by a4joomla