A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.
Starting issues after underside gets wet
- jasper27
- Topic Author
- New Member
-

Public
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
03 Feb 2020 18:08 #218025
by jasper27
Replied by jasper27 on topic Starting issues after underside gets wet
I’ll have a look into that Lambert.
Thank you
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 1934
- Thank you received: 554
03 Feb 2020 18:45 #218031
by Riccy
J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp
Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...
www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Replied by Riccy on topic Starting issues after underside gets wet
second for the starter motor. check the small wire with the push on clip connector. I had endless problems with that at one point
J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp
Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...
www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
The following user(s) said Thank You: jasper27
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jasper27
- Topic Author
- New Member
-

Public
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
08 Feb 2020 15:36 #218171
by jasper27
Replied by jasper27 on topic Starting issues after underside gets wet
Update:
So I was at my mates garage the other day fixing transfer box mounts, had to bump start it to get it on the truck, the same to get it on the ramp. So when it came to taking it off and it wouldn’t start we started diagnostics.
No fault code from the crank sensor so the replacement I fitted has fixed that. When I bought it I was told the TPS was broken so it was unplugged. With it plugged in it wouldn’t start at all. This has been all good. When at the garage we decided to check the spark; that was fine (also had a booster on the battery). This then pointed to fuelling. So we took the breather off the intake and sprayed some brake cleaner and she started trying to actually combust. So with some more spraying and a pull on the throttle cable she started and immediately you could hear the switch over from it struggling for fuel to running perfect.
Based on this, and the fact it’s the only two codes it has I’ve just ordered a TPS. An I’m hoping that this is then the end of this!
So I was at my mates garage the other day fixing transfer box mounts, had to bump start it to get it on the truck, the same to get it on the ramp. So when it came to taking it off and it wouldn’t start we started diagnostics.
No fault code from the crank sensor so the replacement I fitted has fixed that. When I bought it I was told the TPS was broken so it was unplugged. With it plugged in it wouldn’t start at all. This has been all good. When at the garage we decided to check the spark; that was fine (also had a booster on the battery). This then pointed to fuelling. So we took the breather off the intake and sprayed some brake cleaner and she started trying to actually combust. So with some more spraying and a pull on the throttle cable she started and immediately you could hear the switch over from it struggling for fuel to running perfect.
Based on this, and the fact it’s the only two codes it has I’ve just ordered a TPS. An I’m hoping that this is then the end of this!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jasper27
- Topic Author
- New Member
-

Public
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
20 Feb 2020 19:20 #218810
by jasper27
Replied by jasper27 on topic Starting issues after underside gets wet
FIXED
After replacing the missing throttle position sensor I no longer have any starting issues.
I wonder if fixing the crankshaft sensor and then clearing the codes caused it to have some sort of issue which then made it not turn over from the key at all.
However, just wanted to close this up incase anyone else has a similar issue.
After replacing the missing throttle position sensor I no longer have any starting issues.
I wonder if fixing the crankshaft sensor and then clearing the codes caused it to have some sort of issue which then made it not turn over from the key at all.
However, just wanted to close this up incase anyone else has a similar issue.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
24 Feb 2020 07:46 #218987
by kirkynut
The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.
My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Replied by kirkynut on topic Starting issues after underside gets wet
Brilliant, thanks for your input.
It will no doubt help someone in the future!
Kirkynut
It will no doubt help someone in the future!
Kirkynut
The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.
My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds
