An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Suzuki SJ. Do you know what engine this is?

  • Chriscov1988
  • Topic Author
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
01 Mar 2013 10:31 #64266 by Chriscov1988
Suzuki SJ. Do you know what engine this is? was created by Chriscov1988
When I bought it I was told it was one thing and now someone else has told me different. Does anyone know?



Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Chriscov1988
  • Topic Author
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
01 Mar 2013 17:23 #64284 by Chriscov1988
Replied by Chriscov1988 on topic Suzuki SJ. Do you know what engine this is?
Anyone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Licksan
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
01 Mar 2013 18:03 #64289 by Licksan
Replied by Licksan on topic Suzuki SJ. Do you know what engine this is?
I am quite sure that's a G series cam cover and definitely 8v so I would say G13A or maybe a G16A from a Vitara.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Chriscov1988
  • Topic Author
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
01 Mar 2013 18:35 #64296 by Chriscov1988
Replied by Chriscov1988 on topic Suzuki SJ. Do you know what engine this is?
Ok thanks. Is there anything else that would tell me exactly? I was told it was a 1.6 8v from a vitara at first but then after some one else said it is just from a 413?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Licksan
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
01 Mar 2013 19:00 - 01 Mar 2013 19:02 #64301 by Licksan
Replied by Licksan on topic Suzuki SJ. Do you know what engine this is?
I guess engine number would confirm it for definite. So long as its not been ground off! From memory I Think capacity may be marked on the block as well on the exhaust side where the gearbox bolts up to the block.

Visually the 1300 and 1600 8v look pretty identical. Not sure if there are other ways to tell for certain it's a while since I saw them side by side as although I still have a heavily modified SJ410 with a G16A my 413 Samurai has long gone!
Last edit: 01 Mar 2013 19:02 by Licksan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Chriscov1988
  • Topic Author
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
01 Mar 2013 19:12 #64304 by Chriscov1988
Replied by Chriscov1988 on topic Suzuki SJ. Do you know what engine this is?
Thanks. I will try and find out. It would be nice to know. I found this in the paperwork but this was from 2010

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 2.553 seconds
Joomla template by a4joomla
We use cookies to give you the best online experience. Please let us know if you agree to all of these cookies. Accepting the Cookies also accepts the Disclaimers for the website.