BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

More
03 Jun 2013 19:04 - 03 Jun 2013 19:05 #72624 by dirtydogz
m.o.t. one more year of happy motoring :) , till this time next year.

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Last edit: 03 Jun 2013 19:05 by dirtydogz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nicho
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jun 2013 19:27 - 03 Jun 2013 19:31 #72625 by nicho
Replied by nicho on topic What did you do to your jimny today

mudman wrote: how come its got to go??

just got more things to do on our house and its not going to get used as much as i thought when i started modifying it.just due to change in plans realy, kept it as a 3rd car incase gf didt like her replacement car twice over now.and now we have this trailer tent drives a bit full.got more reasons to sell it than to keep it now.
Last edit: 03 Jun 2013 19:31 by nicho.

• GuardianAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jun 2013 19:58 #72634 by GuardianAngel
Replied by GuardianAngel on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Actually yesterday, but did some more lanes in Surrey. All videoed and will be going up over the next week or so.

More
03 Jun 2013 20:49 #72651 by Basketcase
I know but it's all fixed now got it done at work he said he knew I'd fix it as soon as I could so didn't see the point wasting everyone's time having to retest it checked it over at lunch tho anyway as he had nothing better to do lol

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jun 2013 22:10 #72671 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic What did you do to your jimny today

supergaz wrote: Special order ORA recovery points to suit the older MK1 rear bumper, I had these ordered to suit a +2" Bodylift.
If you have the MK1 rear bumper, then these are the best recovery points to have. :P :P :P :P :P

I re-drilled the original brackets to sandwich the chassis with the new recovery points, also getting the bolt into the bottom hole on the chassis required someone skinny to reach into the chassis rail, so I welded a piece of bar to the bolt so I could get the bolt in place and to enable me to tighten it all up.

These are not on the ORA website, But contact ORA if you want some ;)

And my Jimnybits snorkel

I was very pleased this fitted within my rollcage! Thanks Russ ;)

Edit: Thank god I've a roll cage, my jimny is on its side! :lol: :lol:

Sadly, looks like these recovery points won't fit my Jimny as I have fitted a towbar. Still have the original bumper. But perhaps one day, ORA makes a rear bumper with recovery points welded on, like the front bumper :)

More
04 Jun 2013 05:57 #72678 by supergaz

TomDK wrote:

supergaz wrote: Special order ORA recovery points to suit the older MK1 rear bumper, I had these ordered to suit a +2" Bodylift.
If you have the MK1 rear bumper, then these are the best recovery points to have. :P :P :P :P :P

I re-drilled the original brackets to sandwich the chassis with the new recovery points, also getting the bolt into the bottom hole on the chassis required someone skinny to reach into the chassis rail, so I welded a piece of bar to the bolt so I could get the bolt in place and to enable me to tighten it all up.

These are not on the ORA website, But contact ORA if you want some ;)

And my Jimnybits snorkel

I was very pleased this fitted within my rollcage! Thanks Russ ;)

Edit: Thank god I've a roll cage, my jimny is on its side! :lol: :lol:

Sadly, looks like these recovery points won't fit my Jimny as I have fitted a towbar. Still have the original bumper. But perhaps one day, ORA makes a rear bumper with recovery points welded on, like the front bumper :)

The newer rear bumper has recovery points similar to the front bumper. I'm not sure if it would fit with a towbar. But worth a look.

• Smoggy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jun 2013 06:03 #72679 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Fitted my Impreza seats yesterday. Thanks to Sponnie's how to guide which took a lot of guesswork out of it and saved loads of time (it was still a chew on lining everything up mind).

Attachments:

• gaz3359
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jun 2013 07:56 #72689 by gaz3359
Replied by gaz3359 on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Those look well comfy !good job !

• UKDAN
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jun 2013 10:54 - 04 Jun 2013 10:57 #72702 by UKDAN
Replied by UKDAN on topic What did you do to your jimny today
This morning I finished off fitting the spring spacers so the lift is now complete & while the front bumper was off I gave that a bit of nip & tuck plastic surgery.

Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Jun 2013 10:57 by UKDAN.

• ne-crock
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jun 2013 13:31 #72721 by ne-crock
Replied by ne-crock on topic What did you do to your jimny today
spent 3 hours trying to get a wheel nut off to find my studs nakered.

also both rear wheel bearings are shot so another job for later in the week

More
04 Jun 2013 16:32 #72736 by Halford

• Smoggy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jun 2013 19:33 #72760 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic What did you do to your jimny today
I removed everything back to the bare floor and sanded it back to almost bare metal then applied rust converter to any dubious surface rust. This left a few small (4cm x 4cm) holes to weld up. I also gave it a first coat of epoxy mastic 121 from rust.co.uk before welding the small holes and applying the final coat tomorrow:

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.430 seconds