BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

More
02 Jun 2013 18:51 #72494 by maverick
I packed the back of the Jimny up with old carpet and underlay from my Basement, took it to the Tip -- and bugger me the Tip was closed!! Jimny back on drive full of shyte! I hope the tip is open tomorrow :)

Jalapeño, IISY?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2013 19:02 - 02 Jun 2013 19:03 #72496 by kirkynut

supergaz wrote: Special order ORA recovery points to suit the older MK1 rear bumper, I had these ordered to suit a +2" Bodylift.
If you have the MK1 rear bumper, then these are the best recovery points to have. :P :P :P :P :P

I re-drilled the original brackets to sandwich the chassis with the new recovery points, also getting the bolt into the bottom hole on the chassis required someone skinny to reach into the chassis rail, so I welded a piece of bar to the bolt so I could get the bolt in place and to enable me to tighten it all up.

These are not on the ORA website, But contact ORA if you want some ;)

And my Jimnybits snorkel

I was very pleased this fitted within my rollcage! Thanks Russ ;)

Edit: Thank god I've a roll cage, my jimny is on its side! :lol: :lol:

Do you have any side on photos of your Snorkel??? I've been thinking about one for a while but I have a cage with a removable screen bar and wondered if I could get one to fit, even if not quite in the right place using a bit of ingenuity and jiggery pokery!

My cage follows the same angle as the screen, so I'm wondering if it could be shoved forward a few inches and maybe some flexi hose could go to the airbox from it.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Last edit: 02 Jun 2013 19:03 by kirkynut.

• mudman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jun 2013 19:08 #72501 by mudman
Replied by mudman on topic What did you do to your jimny today
did a 100 mile road book event only 10hrs to complete :lol:

• Vacneb
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jun 2013 19:15 #72505 by Vacneb
Replied by Vacneb on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Fitted a 2 inch lift, wheel spacers and MT tyres :-)

More
02 Jun 2013 21:08 #72533 by supergaz
Will get some photos in daylight, I do have a new DIY/universal snorkel from fatfrog 4x4 that I was going to use with a filtered top going very cheap ;-) Just used a little bit of one of the supplied hoses.
I popped into see Russ at Jimnybits and accidently came out with a fitted Snorkel hoping it would fit and it did.

More
02 Jun 2013 22:48 #72550 by Basketcase
Today I removed the n/s/r wheel an hub to see what the fluid on the rear disc plate was as the mot tester said I should check it out as it may be brake fluid to find its oil coming out of where the shaft goes into the axle...that a wheel Bearing problem or just a seal?

• Smoggy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jun 2013 06:18 #72557 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic What did you do to your jimny today

supergaz wrote: Nothing today, fitted yesterday ORA mk 1 rear bumper with special order rear recovery points BIG thanks to Rob Butler for making them. Fitted Jimnybits panhard rods and suprised at the quality and weight of them also fitted a short jimnybits snorkel fitted well within my roll cage.
Still to fit my jimnybits battery tray, front wheel bearings and my M16a and a good hammerite and waxoyl. Also got a British suntan. So not much lately.

I wish I had known about these well designed items before I went to the trouble of making my own :( .

Which was a considerable hassle I might add. Rob you really must get round to putting these things on your website :angry:

More
03 Jun 2013 06:55 - 03 Jun 2013 06:59 #72559 by supergaz

Smoggy wrote:

supergaz wrote: Nothing today, fitted yesterday ORA mk 1 rear bumper with special order rear recovery points BIG thanks to Rob Butler for making them. Fitted Jimnybits panhard rods and suprised at the quality and weight of them also fitted a short jimnybits snorkel fitted well within my roll cage.
Still to fit my jimnybits battery tray, front wheel bearings and my M16a and a good hammerite and waxoyl. Also got a British suntan. So not much lately.

I wish I had known about these well designed items before I went to the trouble of making my own :( .

Which was a considerable hassle I might add. Rob you really must get round to putting these things on your website :angry:

I just asked Rob for what I wanted and he made them, and I am very pleased with the product, I hope this is something he will add to the website. He may consider mine as a prototype.
Last edit: 03 Jun 2013 06:59 by supergaz.

More
03 Jun 2013 07:01 #72560 by supergaz

Basketcase wrote: Today I removed the n/s/r wheel an hub to see what the fluid on the rear disc plate was as the mot tester said I should check it out as it may be brake fluid to find its oil coming out of where the shaft goes into the axle...that a wheel Bearing problem or just a seal?

Change the bearing and seal.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jun 2013 09:59 #72575 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic What did you do to your jimny today

supergaz wrote:

Basketcase wrote: Today I removed the n/s/r wheel an hub to see what the fluid on the rear disc plate was as the mot tester said I should check it out as it may be brake fluid to find its oil coming out of where the shaft goes into the axle...that a wheel Bearing problem or just a seal?

Change the bearing and seal.

Should have failed the mot on that

• nicho
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jun 2013 17:44 #72613 by nicho
Replied by nicho on topic What did you do to your jimny today
decided it needs a new home. :(

pluss these
Attachments:

• mudman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jun 2013 18:48 #72619 by mudman
Replied by mudman on topic What did you do to your jimny today
how come its got to go??

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds