BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 May 2013 18:34 #71898 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic What did you do to your jimny today
What did i do to my jimny today well nothing i just looked out the window to make shore it was still there and every thing thats in it and if its lucky it may get a service soon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 May 2013 22:03 #71936 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic What did you do to your jimny today

Keefe wrote: Made a start clearing the garage out and 'sorting stuff' out.
Found a Jimny that I had misplaced. :laugh:
Got buried in a load of tents when I opened the back door!! :ohmy:
Will be carrying on with the clear-out every day after work this coming two weeks.
I might be able to make a start on it then at bloody last!!!

"Not before long!" I hear you cry.

Watch this space.............................

;)

if it was blue you would have never lost it! :P

More
28 May 2013 08:55 #71954 by maverick

Halford wrote: did you just count the no of threads or something, or have you had the tracking done again ?

Just thread counting .. my Jimny is ONLY for off-roading so each trip the wheels get bashed, so pretty pointless getting it tracked!

Jalapeño, IISY?

More
28 May 2013 08:58 #71956 by maverick

Halford wrote: maverick wrote:

no DW anymore

:woohoo: result, how bad were they, I've got one that's split

Threy were dire , on last trip out a farm worker told me he could see my front wheels wobbling (he thought my wheels nuts were loose)... I thought the wheel bearings had gone (nope) so looked at all Track-rod ends and OMG were they all sloppy!!

Jalapeño, IISY?

• GuardianAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jun 2013 20:54 #72417 by GuardianAngel
Replied by GuardianAngel on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Brakes were feeling a bit spongy so had a good root around. Front driver side caliper sliders are very stiff, one of them needing considerable force to move, so I have treated myself to a brand new one :)

Also re-bled the brakes, this time plucking up the courage to undo the rear load valve bleed nipple (have always feared snapping it off as its a bit corroded) and it undid very slowly :)

Had the bright idea of putting the rear of the J up on ramps to bleed the rear wheels and the load valve, guessing that any air will rise to the highest point. Indeed, my brakes have never felt better so I think there has been a small pocket of air moving around the system that's finally been expelled. With a new caliper, they should be even better B)

• Grizzly
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jun 2013 20:57 #72419 by Grizzly
Replied by Grizzly on topic What did you do to your jimny today
After the issues with 4WD earlier in the week I decided that after work today, I'd go test it on a green lane not far from where I was working.

You can see the 5 minute video clip here:

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...jimny?start=12#72418

• UKDAN
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jun 2013 10:11 #72448 by UKDAN
Replied by UKDAN on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Rear spring spacers now fitted, fronts will have to wait until Tuesday as I can't get the drop links undone so will have to drop the anti roll bar at the front bushes, but need to remove the front bumper to get to the bolts. While the bumpers off I may also cut it down for better approach angle, it's all marked up I just need to find the jigsaw.

• Dave n lincs
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jun 2013 17:36 #72486 by Dave n lincs
Replied by Dave n lincs on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Well today I fitted a rear disc conversion from muddy zook with new rear wheel bearings, fitted new front pads yet again, adjusted panhard rods, gave it a good look over and found lots of bushes that need replacing, found water pump leaking and found king pin bearings knackerd also. Two steps forward and six back, good job I love the little beauty. :)

More
02 Jun 2013 17:54 - 02 Jun 2013 18:36 #72488 by supergaz
Nothing today, fitted yesterday ORA mk 1 rear bumper with special order rear recovery points BIG thanks to Rob Butler for making them. Fitted Jimnybits panhard rods and suprised at the quality and weight of them also fitted a short jimnybits snorkel fitted well within my roll cage.
Still to fit my jimnybits battery tray, front wheel bearings and my M16a and a good hammerite and waxoyl. Also got a British suntan. So not much lately.
Last edit: 02 Jun 2013 18:36 by supergaz.

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jun 2013 18:05 #72490 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic What did you do to your jimny today

supergaz wrote: Nothing today, fitted yesterday ORA mk 1 rear bumper with special order rear recovery points BIG thanks to Rob Butler for making them. Fitted Jimnybits panhard rods and suprised at the quality and weight of them also fitted a short jimnybits snorkel fitted well within my roll cage.
Still to fit my jimnybits battery tray, front wheel bearings and my M16a. Also got a British suntan. So not much lately.

Got any pics of these rear recovery points? :)

More
02 Jun 2013 18:25 - 02 Jun 2013 18:53 #72491 by supergaz
Special order ORA recovery points to suit the older MK1 rear bumper, I had these ordered to suit a +2" Bodylift.
If you have the MK1 rear bumper, then these are the best recovery points to have. :P :P :P :P :P

I re-drilled the original brackets to sandwich the chassis with the new recovery points, also getting the bolt into the bottom hole on the chassis required someone skinny to reach into the chassis rail, so I welded a piece of bar to the bolt so I could get the bolt in place and to enable me to tighten it all up.

These are not on the ORA website, But contact ORA if you want some ;)

And my Jimnybits snorkel

I was very pleased this fitted within my rollcage! Thanks Russ ;)

Edit: Thank god I've a roll cage, my jimny is on its side! :lol: :lol:
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Jun 2013 18:53 by supergaz.

More
02 Jun 2013 18:25 #72492 by helijohn
Took off that awful Postman Pat/Noddy type horn today - such a humiliation.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds