BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A section for Vitara and SJ owners.
If you have not yet upgraded to a Jimny then you can discuss your current Suzuki 4x4 here!

mite buy a vit what to look for

More
03 Nov 2014 19:09 #128365 by idiotmobil
going to view a vit 1.6 any thing I should look out for

JIMNYLESS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2014 19:14 #128367 by X8GGY
Rusty sills, rust around the top of front struts, rust on the rear floor around seat belt anchorages...

Rust basically ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: minibbb

More
03 Nov 2014 19:19 #128368 by idiotmobil
bit like a jimny then

JIMNYLESS

More
04 Nov 2014 21:52 - 04 Nov 2014 21:54 #128510 by kirkynut
What about a slightly younger GV, perhaps a SWB with the V6 in? It would need the steel front diff housing but I guess Dave knows what models had them. You could get a soft top and do another fibreglass top for it.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Last edit: 04 Nov 2014 21:54 by kirkynut.

More
04 Nov 2014 22:31 #128521 by X8GGY
Yes! Make another "Stumpy" -

Only don't bobtail it like I did... long old story... VOSA / DVLA... :evil: :whistle:

More
04 Nov 2014 23:13 #128530 by idiotmobil
One i was looking at was just a cheep modded one on ebay near buy but bloke so it before i could arrange to view

JIMNYLESS

More
06 Nov 2014 17:42 #128724 by idiotmobil
need help with some of the people on here that know there vits well got a standered one and going to be making it offroad ready on the cheep for a friend,

looking at mud tyres but what size was thinking 235 75 15 as know they do ok on these (gearing not to bad)

what about a lift was thinking of just a 2" on the cheep with spacers in the rear as can make these easy at work, hows the front done is it a case of just winding up the torsion bars?

is there anything else needed for a lift, I think ive read some were about brackets to drop the front diff back inline, I mite be wrong on that,

the front diff, if its a ally one is this going to be a problem and need swapping for a steel one asap or just run the ally one till it breaks

adding a small winch and ground anchor so self recovery

any help on any of this and any thing else worth know would be great

JIMNYLESS

More
06 Nov 2014 17:50 #128726 by X8GGY

idiotmobil wrote: need help with some of the people on here that know there vits well got a standered one and going to be making it offroad ready on the cheep for a friend,

looking at mud tyres but what size was thinking 235 75 15 as know they do ok on these (gearing not to bad)

what about a lift was thinking of just a 2" on the cheep with spacers in the rear as can make these easy at work, hows the front done is it a case of just winding up the torsion bars?

is there anything else needed for a lift, I think ive read some were about brackets to drop the front diff back inline, I mite be wrong on that,

the front diff, if its a ally one is this going to be a problem and need swapping for a steel one asap or just run the ally one till it breaks

adding a small winch and ground anchor so self recovery

any help on any of this and any thing else worth know would be great

No torsion bars on a Vit'... it's IFS (Independent Front Suspension) driveshafts inside wishbones and suspension struts, so you can fit spring spacers front and rear... but you're not allowed to make your own, it's illegal ;) :P

Longer shocks / spacers and front strut spacers...

Have a read of this - www.bits4vits.co.uk/store/another-vitara...ds-me-/blog_239.html first part of the blog on building Zukhini my "last" Vitara...

That had 235/75/15s on (they're now on my Jimny!).

Should help...

Dave

More
06 Nov 2014 18:30 #128731 by idiotmobil
sorry but its to easy to make things where I work,

looks like ill be making a lot of spacers and brackets

JIMNYLESS

More
06 Nov 2014 19:53 #128748 by idiotmobil
is the front wheel nut tool the same as the jimnys

JIMNYLESS

More
06 Nov 2014 20:31 #128763 by X8GGY
Very similar...

IIRC, a Jimny one will work on a Vit' but not vice-versa...

More
08 Nov 2014 15:43 #128902 by Rhinoman
Which model is it? late 4U and 4U2 models often had quite tall gearing so its a good idea to swap to the lower 5:12s when running bigger rubber. 16V models are more tolerant to gearing as they have more torque.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds