× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Service tpms warning

More
02 Nov 2023 16:59 #251921 by BALDY60
Service tpms warning was created by BALDY60
Hi all, just changed stock tyres for bfg on my lcv, tyres were pumped up to 32psi, even thought I requested 26, however after about 10 miles service tpms lights have come on and can't reset. Have the tyre place screwed something? Cheers, baldy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2023 18:09 #251923 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Service tpms warning
Yes they could have damaged one of the sensors or generally screwed it up. 

However, the Jimny "re-learn" process for the TMPS is notoriously unreliable. On the assumption that the wheels didnt not go on the same hubs when reffitted to the car, the TPMS has to re-learn where the wheels have moved to. It is getting the signal from the sensor but it will be calculating it is in a different position.

This learning process is for 10 minutes after commencing driving (fast learn period) after that period it goes into slow learning.

During the 10 minute period you have to drive as straight as possible and at a constant speed above 14mph (i think) so if you pull out straight into traffic you mess up the relearn. So choose your road carefully.  If the relearn fails you have to start again but you must have a minimum break of 20 minutes of stationary with everything off (Suzuki suggested 2 hours would be better but the manual says 20minutes).

ANother way of doing a relearn is if you have a TPMS activation tool and ping the tyres with it in a set order after starting the learn period.

THE alternative to all this is just to keep driving. It will eventually sort itself out. (if the sensors are actually working). 

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
02 Nov 2023 18:57 #251924 by BALDY60
Replied by BALDY60 on topic Service tpms warning
Thanks Martin, I won't panic yet then

More
17 May 2024 16:18 #255985 by Spitfire9
Replied by Spitfire9 on topic Service tpms warning
Did you get new sensors working

More
18 May 2024 00:11 - 18 May 2024 00:11 #255987 by Filipao
Replied by Filipao on topic Service tpms warning

If you're still having trouble just get the Iron Gates spooftpms box.

I've been running my JB74 without any sensors for the last 6 months without any issues, it's brilliant.

spooftpms.com/
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 May 2024 00:11 by Filipao.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Motacilla

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds