BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Body removal - what about A/C?

More
20 May 2022 14:04 #243383 by Sharik
Hello, 
Im in process of removing body from frame. Only few electric stuff and brake lines left. But what about A/C? Do I need to empty it? 

Jimny 1999 manual

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2022 06:44 #243400 by yakuza
You can let the pump follow the body perhaps?

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
22 May 2022 12:18 #243403 by fordem
It's not just the compressor, the condenser is usually mounted in front of the radiator and I don't see you getting that unbolted and removed without disconnecting the lines.

I believe disconnection is the only option, and if I'm not mistaken most countries have legal requirements on recovery of the refrigerant. You'll also need a means of capping the various ports to prevent debris and more importantly moisture from entering the system whilst it's disconnected.

More
22 May 2022 14:52 #243407 by Busta
You'll need to get it "drained" by someone that has the right equipment. Don't let the gas out! It is several thousand times worse for the environment than anything that comes out of the exhaust.

More
17 Jun 2022 11:04 #243746 by Sharik
Much thanks for your input guys.

Jimny 1999 manual

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds