BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny "Hiccups" in Idle

More
27 Feb 2016 15:53 #163052 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Jimny "Hiccups" in Idle
Full tank = full can, half a tank = half a can, seems right to me- it will be the same concentration ;)

I probably didn't believe strongly enough, or I don't have a problem with clogged injectors, and as Rhinoman says it is a design feature. Maybe I'm just hypersensitive to the odd vibration, I feel it, there is nothing to hear.

I'll see how it goes now, there is 100 miles of treated fuel left to clean something out.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2016 17:51 #163055 by Rhinoman
Replied by Rhinoman on topic Jimny "Hiccups" in Idle
if the problem was a clogged injector then you would have real problems under load - you need very little fuel at idle.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

• Ray8891
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Feb 2018 12:28 #189156 by Ray8891
Replied by Ray8891 on topic Jimny "Hiccups" in Idle
Hi
You may just disconnect the big black air intake hose above the throttle body. When the engine is warm, spray good amount of foam cleaner onto the throttle plate, both front and back, as well as into the small hole (located on the inner wall close to the throttle plate). This small hole allows you to reach into the IAC and lube it without taking it apart. Let it sit for 5min and then take a 30min drive. You will notice the difference. Just a 15min work. Don’t have to take it to the mechanic for replacement of other parts that are working but considered relevant to this issue. Good luck!

• mike83
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Feb 2018 16:20 #189209 by mike83
Replied by mike83 on topic Jimny "Hiccups" in Idle
Mine wobbles on idle using 95 but doesn't using 97 petrol. My plugs and valvles are all spot on so I believe its fuel. Don't think our jap friends even have 95 at the pumps??

• dean
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Sep 2018 13:38 #195671 by dean
Replied by dean on topic Jimny "Hiccups" in Idle
I bought BG 44K® on eBay and I put it to full tank on my gas station. It worked. But when my tank was empty I refilled my Jimny to full and the issue came back again. Does anyone has a real fix for this engine problem?

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds