BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

ROCK SLIDERS from off road armoury

• renard38
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2012 16:36 #37846 by renard38
ROCK SLIDERS from off road armoury was created by renard38
hi,
have you bought rock sliders from off road armoury??? Are they bolted to the jimny or welded????
have you got more pictures??
www.offroad-armory.com/images/BIG%20IMAGES/JRS001.jpg

Thanks for reply

A+

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2012 16:50 #37847 by supergaz
Not got them, but they are welded on.

• adamjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2012 17:11 #37849 by adamjimny
Replied by adamjimny on topic Re: ROCK SLIDERS from off road armoury
They do look really nice but pricey for rocksliders i think. Tho if i had the money id have em....similar to jeep wrangler design

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

• Bish
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2012 21:38 #37877 by Bish
Replied by Bish on topic Re: ROCK SLIDERS from off road armoury
Who else does rock sliders?

More
18 Apr 2012 10:00 #37892 by Obarno
KAP Suzuki make weld on box sliders for £80 plus vat. They are 80 x40 box section and seem strong enough. I have them on both my Jimnys and havent damaged them yet! They come in bare metal so need painting. I also found that to get them high enough, if you don't have a body lift, its best to cut into the plastic trim under the door where the legs go back to the chassis. Would I buy them again - yes. I see that they now also make a more comprehensive design, but I've not seen them.

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

More
18 Apr 2012 16:29 #37911 by supergaz
Easier and cheaper to just go buy some box section! Plus they need to be welded on anyway.

More
18 Apr 2012 16:45 #37912 by Obarno
I'm sure that's true Supergaz although whether you can buy just small quantities of 80 x 40 and 50 x 50 at a reasonable price I don't know, or whether you have to buy a stock length. Also I would get someone to weld them on, so for me it was a good way of achieving what I wanted.

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

• Smoggy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Apr 2012 17:38 #37916 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic Re: ROCK SLIDERS from off road armoury
Just a thought on welding your own sliders. Does anyone have any templates for making your own box section sliders, I fancy knocking some up myself and would be grateful for any info. I do have a 2" bodylift if that affects anything. Cheers.

• renard38
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Apr 2012 18:49 #37923 by renard38
Replied by renard38 on topic Re: ROCK SLIDERS from off road armoury
i don't want rock sliders who are welded ; i want bolted so i'll make it by myself ;)

More
18 Apr 2012 19:07 #37927 by supergaz

Obarno wrote: I'm sure that's true Supergaz although whether you can buy just small quantities of 80 x 40 and 50 x 50 at a reasonable price I don't know, or whether you have to buy a stock length. Also I would get someone to weld them on, so for me it was a good way of achieving what I wanted.

Most local foundries/Fabricators will always have small odds and ends hanging about, I have several places local who would do this. I use a structural steel or local gates and railings place for my metal needs.

• renard38
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Apr 2012 19:10 #37928 by renard38
Replied by renard38 on topic Re: ROCK SLIDERS from off road armoury
pictures ;)

i want this.... so:

File Attachment:

repair

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

A+

More
19 Apr 2012 11:55 #37994 by Johnniehec

Smoggy wrote: Just a thought on welding your own sliders. Does anyone have any templates for making your own box section sliders, I fancy knocking some up myself and would be grateful for any info. I do have a 2" bodylift if that affects anything. Cheers.

Smoggy,
The 2inch body lift will give you access to the outriggers rather than go all theway to the chassis, mine's only 30mm but attaching to the outriggers means the mounting bars are shorter and less likely to get bent. My bars a re scaffold but box section would be the same principle.
John.

On the 8th Day God made the LandRover -
On the 9th day he swapped it for a Jimny.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Smoggy

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds