BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Dash removal

• Nelson83
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Mar 2011 16:14 #13070 by Nelson83
Dash removal was created by Nelson83
Has anybody already removed the dash from their truck? The illumination of the heater controls has finally given up the ghost - my usually trick on boshing the top of the dash to get it to come on has stopped working. :-( so ive decided that i need to investigate and have a poke around behind the scenes!!!

Is there a diagram in the parts manual that shows how its put together - surely it comes apart some how - i can see how at the moment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• little monster
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Mar 2011 17:09 #13083 by little monster
Replied by little monster on topic Re: Dash removal
Undo all the screws and pull towards you, no need to take the steering column to bits, a t5 bulb will be required

• Nelson83
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Mar 2011 17:30 #13086 by Nelson83
Replied by Nelson83 on topic Re: Dash removal
ive found the screws under the dials console - are there/ where are any more located?

More
12 Mar 2011 09:22 #13154 by wildfire
Replied by wildfire on topic Re: Dash removal
If i remember correctly there under some in the glove box and in the ash try area.

• Nelson83
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2011 16:02 #13249 by Nelson83
Managed to solve the problem and replace the bulb that was causing the problem - even manged to create a guide which ive emailed to martin B)

More
30 Mar 2011 09:14 #14281 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re: Dash removal
Great Guide, followed it and did mine in about 15 minutes.

Incidently, there are 2 bulb options that will fit, I went to halfords and they stock a 1.2 watt bulb and a 3.2 watt bulb.
I bought both and tried both ... the 1.2 watt one is ok, but the extremeties of the displays are a little dim, the 3.2 is superb.. but you donot get the green cover to go on it, so the display is now white as opposed to the origional green.

Incidently, you can also get at the bulb carrier if you remove the glove box (but only if you know where your going and know how to remove the grey carrier. it involves hanging out teh passenger door and using your left hand to feel inside the dash (you do need to remove the radio though !!)

Your way if definatly easier I do have to add :)

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nelson83

• Nelson83
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Mar 2011 09:46 #14282 by Nelson83
Its something that was bugging me for a while - the light kept flickering and then finally blew, and it then drove me nuts not having the illumination behind the vent controls. I used the 1.2W ones from halfrauds and they had them in my local ones with a green bulb, so being the tight arse i am, i carefully peeled the rubber cover off the old one and then stripped my tiltometer down and stuck it on the bulb in that. The colour match between all my illumination on the dash is now pretty much spot on.

• wykiw
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jun 2011 20:21 #18261 by wykiw
Replied by wykiw on topic Re: Dash removal
I want to install a GPS/Radio system in my Jimny but i find it difficult to remove the dash to get to the radio. please email me the guide as well.

• jimny5
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jun 2011 20:41 #18263 by jimny5
Replied by jimny5 on topic Re: Dash removal
its quite easy,
to replace bulb for heaters you can get to it by removing radio and the bulb is just above that,no need for dash removal,
to remove radio center trim 1 screw at top in middle two at the bottom and two or three in behind ash tray ,trim and radio should just kinda fall out with abit of persistence.

More
26 Jun 2011 02:16 #18271 by Halford
Replied by Halford on topic Re: Dash removal
great guide ;)

for anyone with a newer style dash, there's a good guide for removing the centre console trim here Installing an USB/SD/MP3/Aux-in adapter

• slavya
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jun 2012 07:26 #41540 by slavya
Replied by slavya on topic Re: Dash removal
Would you so kind and send the guide to me.
Thanks in advance.

More
01 Jun 2012 10:12 - 01 Jun 2012 10:17 #41554 by dirtydogz
Replied by dirtydogz on topic Re: Dash removal
The guide is in information at the top of the page, there are lots of tips on how to repair things on your jimny in there. ;)
www.bigjimny.com/images/documents/changing_the_heater_bulb.pdf

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Last edit: 01 Jun 2012 10:17 by dirtydogz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slavya

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds