BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Jimny five door

More
14 Feb 2024 14:10 - 14 Feb 2024 14:16 #254308 by lightning
Jimny five door was created by lightning
l know it's been on here before, but what do people think of the five door Jimny?

lt's now in general release in other countries and l think it's a shame you can't get one in the U.K.
l think Suzuki would sell all they were allowed to import.

The three door is great but just too small for many businesses, including mine.

As with the new Defender, l think the three door looks better but the five door does work well. Presumably it's not possible to import one, like the "grey imports" in the 2000's

l remember back in the early 2000's when l was a biker we'd often find ourselves at the grey imports dealer who had around £2,000 off bikes such as the Suzuki GSXR 600.

Last edit: 14 Feb 2024 14:16 by lightning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2024 14:21 #254309 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Jimny five door
Suzuki have stated they will not be bringing them in.

Grey import is possible but as you may have seen the insurers will make sure its not viable.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: rogerzilla

More
14 Feb 2024 15:39 #254311 by rogerzilla
Replied by rogerzilla on topic Jimny five door
I see a lot of brand new grey import normal Jimnys coming in now (you can get autos and everything).  Presumably these are insurable as most of the parts are common to UK spec?

More
14 Feb 2024 17:24 - 14 Feb 2024 17:24 #254316 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Jimny five door
I suspect that if the base vehicle was officially sold in the UK then a grey import of the same is less likely to give insurance issues. It's certainly true of our Toyota MR2 which is a Jap Grey import. Better spec interior but otherwise the same car as UK sold.
The 5 door Jimny is however a totally different body, it's not just trim levels, so I can see insurers getting cold feet on this variant, less so a grey import 2 door.
Of course just making conversation, in no way is my gut feeling backed by and practical Jimny Grey Import insurance experience.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 14 Feb 2024 17:24 by Scimike.

More
14 Feb 2024 17:43 #254318 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Jimny five door

l like it, if they were available l would buy one for sure. l imagine it would be better able to tow a small caravan due to the longer wheelbase.

Attachments:

More
14 Feb 2024 18:11 #254319 by jlines
Replied by jlines on topic Jimny five door
Originally I didn’t like it but after seeing a few modified ones I can see some potential in it (it’s also available in Red which I love) and would probably buy if they were available to the UK market but that won’t happen due to the engine and getting it through the various EU tests plus it would start competing with the vitara. As others have said some import car dealers have started advertising them on auto trader but trying to get one insured with be the biggest killer as most won’t touch being an import. It does seem to be underpowered though so I would be installing a turbo onto it straight away if I had one.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
14 Feb 2024 18:26 #254320 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Jimny five door
Is it able to tow more?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
14 Feb 2024 22:04 #254323 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Jimny five door
It's listed as being the same towing capacity as the 3 door

Sent from my ThinkPhone by motorola using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
14 Feb 2024 22:10 #254324 by Roger Fairclough
Replied by Roger Fairclough on topic Re:Jimny five door
No doubt based on engine power.

Roger

More
14 Feb 2024 23:30 #254325 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Re:Jimny five door

No doubt based on engine power.

Roger

What is the actual capacity of the G4, any increase on the G3? I suspect it's the same, but asking the question to those that have the figures printed on the VC5

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
15 Feb 2024 06:03 #254326 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Jimny five door
1300kg same as the 3. It's not so much about power as much as it's about mounting structures. It's why most modern uni bodies are unable to tow like their predecessors, a good survivable crash structure is either compromised by a towbar or isn't sturdy enough to take much more than three quarters of the vehicles weight as a trailer, even if its the hot boi version with more power than it knows what to do with.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
15 Feb 2024 20:47 #254356 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Re:Jimny five door
I would consider the Toyota rock hopper coming this year 
Hi and low transfer, live axles, ladder chassis 
Just over 4m in length 
Engine sizes to be announced 

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds