BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Arch clearance?

More
26 Mar 2023 18:26 #248250 by Jimmers
Arch clearance? was created by Jimmers
Hi guys, looking into the 15x7 Steel rims ET00 (equivalent of 24mm spacer) on Jimnybits, with 215/75/15's on a Gen 3 Jimny, would these clear the arches or would I need to trim? if so alternatively i'd look into the ET10 (which are equivelant of a 14mm spacer) wheels if that would mean I wouldnt have to trim the arches, any help would be really appreciated.
www.jimnybits.com/suzuki-15-black-7-modu...-wheel-in-black.html
wheels for reference 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Mar 2023 19:22 #248254 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Arch clearance?
You would certainly need to trim with the ET00, and I'm pretty sure you will need to trim with the ET10 too. On standard (5.5 wide) rims with no spacers there is about 12mm clearance between the tyre and the arch with 215/75r15 BFGoodrich tyres on full articulation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jimmers

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
27 Mar 2023 04:27 #248257 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Arch clearance?
The ET of standard Jimny wheels are ALL et5 so no a et0 is not equivalent to a 24mm spacer. Busta is right though depending on how tired your springs are some trimming may be necessary.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jimmers

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds