BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Help - Vacuum System - Flashing 4WD light

More
20 Mar 2022 18:59 #242416 by louchy
Hello All,

I wonder if anyone can help? I had some problems with my vacuum system (fast flashing 4WD light) and decided to switch to manual hubs for reliability.

After switching the hubs and reading some threads on here I blocked the vacuum pipes. Both rubber pipes between the valves and the metal sections under the battery, and the pipe between the T plastic section and the inlet manifold.

This worked perfectly, and when I switched to 4WD high or low, I got a solid light on the dash, happy days.

Went out for a full day of lanes today, and on the final lane, a flashing 4WD light appeared when switching to 4 low…. Not so happy days.

Any ideas what could have happened? I fooled the system, and after a day of laning it is no longer fooled…. What should I check?

For reference my Jimny is a 2003 ‘53 with a manual transfer box!

Cheers,
Chris.

2003 '53 Jimny JLX Mode
2" Suspension Lift
Modular Steel Wheels + Manual Hubs
BFG MT's
ARB Delete
Breathers (Diffs, Transfer Box, Gearbox)
Raptor 4x4 Snorkel
Jimnybits Armour (Diffs, Transfer Box, Fuel Tank, Shock Mounts, Rad Arms)
Front & Rear Recovery Points
Front & Rear Lightbars

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
20 Mar 2022 19:08 #242417 by Lambert
It's possible that either one of the bungs fell off Orr if you have been on rough terrain you could have caught a wire on the transfer case. These would be my first culprits.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
20 Mar 2022 19:56 #242418 by louchy
Thanks Lambert, not particularly rough terrain, but a rather deep water crossing (top of wheels).

I thought. I blocked the piped in the middle of each of the rubber tubes, then heat shrunk them together to make it neat, and it seems like nothing has come loose.

The 4WD light only flashes when I engage 4WD so it seems it’s not the wires on the transfer box, but a failed vacuum system right? If it was the wiring on the transfer box I assume the fault would exist whether 4WD was engaged or not?

Cheers,
Chris.

2003 '53 Jimny JLX Mode
2" Suspension Lift
BFG MT's
ARB Delete
Raptor 4x4 Snorkel
Front & Rear Lightbars

More
21 Mar 2022 10:06 #242424 by louchy
Sorry all, this is now solved after some fiddling this morning.

I realised I had mistakingly blocked the pipe between the manifold and the filter for the vacuum system, so over time it depressurised. Opening this single pipe back up has given me a solid light again. Whoop

2003 '53 Jimny JLX Mode
2" Suspension Lift
BFG MT's
ARB Delete
Raptor 4x4 Snorkel
Front & Rear Lightbars

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds