BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Pay and play sites around cambridgeshire

• Teds Jimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jun 2013 18:46 #73287 by Teds Jimny
Pay and play sites around cambridgeshire was created by Teds Jimny
Hi all
I am looking for some pay and play sites or offroading specific tracks around cambridge, Bedford, and Peterborough ideally. Can anyone recommend any or just name any?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dalby
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jun 2013 19:37 #73313 by Dalby
Replied by Dalby on topic Pay and play sites around cambridgeshire
theres one at chippeningham look up wildtracks on google mate

• Teds Jimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jun 2013 19:56 #73317 by Teds Jimny
Replied by Teds Jimny on topic Pay and play sites around cambridgeshire
Thanks will do just that.

• Dalby
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jun 2013 20:08 #73322 by Dalby
It looks quite good I used to go motocross there as they do all sorts but they have 3 different levels of 4x4 tracks I think mate probley worth a look

• Teds Jimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jun 2013 20:43 #73329 by Teds Jimny
Can you drive your own car though there? Because it says a lot about instructors tuition etc

• Dalby
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jun 2013 20:51 #73333 by Dalby
Yer I think it's £30 for day

• winter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jun 2013 22:24 #73349 by winter
Replied by winter on topic Pay and play sites around cambridgeshire
hello im from cambridge wild tracks is ok bit tame or theres whaddon in mk is good yarwell n ticksover in peterborough very good bures pit in essex very good and a qurry in bury st edmunds
o and for greenlanes essex is best start off from newport takes you round back of stansted airport and beond or one of europs longest ford just over a mile long get deep in winter deep lol it goes between brent pelham to furneux pelham in hertfordshire
hope theres help and keep you going give us a sought if ya fancy going 4x4in

Teds Jimny wrote: Hi all
I am looking for some pay and play sites or offroading specific tracks around cambridge, Bedford, and Peterborough ideally. Can anyone recommend any or just name any?

Thanks

• Blissett
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jun 2013 05:31 #73357 by Blissett
Replied by Blissett on topic Pay and play sites around cambridgeshire
I am in St Neots. There are lanes on the north side of grafham water heading across the A14 but these are only open during the summer and in dry weather..

• Teds Jimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jun 2013 09:06 #73371 by Teds Jimny
Hi matey, wow you know your tracks then! :) I am looking at devils pit at the moment, but how far away is the waddon on? It's not the waddon near royston is it..? And yes I ment to Essex with my cousin to that exact ford! Water went over bonnet though :p haha yer it would be good to go with another fellow jimny enthusiast. Thanks

• goatboy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jun 2013 12:28 #73395 by goatboy
Replied by goatboy on topic Pay and play sites around cambridgeshire
Devils Pit is OK, I've been just the once and it had been very dry. Site is quite small and but some very serious offroading if you want it. I went with just a standard Jimny and struggled a bit on some of the deeper ruts but there was enough to keep me amused for a few hours.

Has a bit of a bad reputation as a car breaker but I'm not sure why from what I saw....

Waddon is actually Whaddon and its near MK. www.whaddon4x4mx.co.uk/opentimes.html

• Teds Jimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jun 2013 13:00 #73398 by Teds Jimny
Oh i see, I thought the devils pit website said it was 60 acres, i thought that was a lot, am I wrong? And I have heard that about Devills too, I also have a stock jimny so maybe I would struggle at Devils, what is whaddon like? Thanks for your advice goatboy

• winter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jun 2013 20:53 #73446 by winter
Replied by winter on topic Pay and play sites around cambridgeshire
lol whaddons deep ruts as well your be ok you can olny get stuck lol
i forgot about devils pit we went was lots of pikes there but dont know if it like that all the time there be bits at all the pay n play day you can do in st jimny . messeage me ill send ya my number then if ya fancy coming out 4x4 give us a call

Teds Jimny wrote: Oh i see, I thought the devils pit website said it was 60 acres, i thought that was a lot, am I wrong? And I have heard that about Devills too, I also have a stock jimny so maybe I would struggle at Devils, what is whaddon like? Thanks for your advice goatboy

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds