BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Spare Tyre ????????

• nicho
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Feb 2013 23:06 - 07 Feb 2013 23:08 #61415 by nicho
Spare Tyre ???????? was created by nicho
what you recon i have 215 80 15 Malatesta Kaiman on 8 spoke rims, no spare at the min didt know what to get as the ones i have are directional, was thinking of getting one the same diameter but non directional and stick one of these covers over it and get a eight spoke rim same offset.it would be just to get me home if i needed it and the extra weight at the back must help the rear grip more.not a clue what tyre i could get.

Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Feb 2013 23:08 by nicho.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adamjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Feb 2013 00:59 #61426 by adamjimny
Replied by adamjimny on topic Re: Spare Tyre ????????
I have special tracks which are directional but i also have a spare as id rather have one than none.

If your offroad and get a puncture and put a less grippy tire on then it will be more likely to get stuck as it will always spin as the other has more grip.

Best having a spare even tho directional to keep you going untill the other is repaired or have two spares if possible (one for each side)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds