BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jim jam wanted

• rajsuzuki
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Mar 2011 19:57 #12856 by rajsuzuki
Jim jam wanted was created by rajsuzuki
im looking for a jimny for a mate of mine who wants it just to trial with and the odd green lane days .
So it dosnt have to look nice and dosnt really need a engine as we have a vit to go in as long as it is solid

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Mar 2011 21:16 - 08 Mar 2011 21:18 #12870 by biggaz
Replied by biggaz on topic Re: Jim jam wanted
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

if ya fancy a trip :lol: but you rob the auto!
Last edit: 08 Mar 2011 21:18 by biggaz.

• rajsuzuki
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Mar 2011 21:35 #12872 by rajsuzuki
Replied by rajsuzuki on topic Re: Jim jam wanted
cheers biggaz will drop him a line ......

More
09 Mar 2011 11:37 #12888 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re: Jim jam wanted
They do come up quite often on ebay, especially the older models as I've seen a number of them where someone has run the engine without oil causing it to seize, or it's overheated and blown the head gasket as a result.

So it might be worth waiting to see if one comes up near to you. Having said that the law of the old sod will come in to play and you'll not look at the above one on my advice an another won't come along for months!!!

I like the old ebay watching of motors (especially Jimny's and Vits) to see how much they go for, with no intention of buying them, just a dream of what I could build them up into if I had more money!

Currently favour of the Kirkynut dream is a soft top Jimny with a hard top section over the front only, no rear top at all, the interior stripped to bare metal with bucket seats and harnesses, a full external cage which has a cross brace in that empty section behind the rear seats, which will be the mounting point for a centre winch, front and rear winches on heavy duty bumpers, although the rear would be mounted in the rear load area next to a custom fuel tank. It would have 33" Insa Turbo ST's on a 4.5" ORA lift kit and offset beadlocked rims with ARB's front and rear with hardened shafts and CV's.Oh and a 6.1:1 Rocklobster. I would aso run a Vit engine, possibly with an SU carb.

Like I say a dream, but my dreaming means I watch a fair few engineless Jimny's go for less than a grand regularly.

Hope this helps

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• rajsuzuki
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2011 13:13 - 09 Mar 2011 13:14 #12894 by rajsuzuki
Hi bud, getting a little bit concerned have you been spying into my thoughts.
Its good to dream its the only thing that keeps me sane.......

cheers bud.
Last edit: 09 Mar 2011 13:14 by rajsuzuki.

• goatboy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2011 13:26 #12895 by goatboy
Replied by goatboy on topic Re: Jim jam wanted

kirkynut wrote: Currently favour of the Kirkynut dream is a soft top Jimny with a hard top section over the front only

Completely and utterly off topic but have you ever seen a hardtop front section only for sale?

• rajsuzuki
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2011 13:33 #12896 by rajsuzuki
no i have not,

• Keefe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2011 13:35 #12897 by Keefe
Replied by Keefe on topic Re: Jim jam wanted
I have, loads.

Ok, I haven't. ;)

More
09 Mar 2011 18:05 #12907 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re: Jim jam wanted

rajsuzuki wrote: Hi bud, getting a little bit concerned have you been spying into my thoughts.
Its good to dream its the only thing that keeps me sane.......

cheers bud.

Ah, great minds and all that eh??? If you do something similar, I would love to see the finished article, looking at your avatar, it doen't look like you're too far away now!

I've not really looked for hard tops for soft tops as I have a hard top car.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds