BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

2019 Suzuki Jimny SZ5 1.5 AllGrip Chiffon Ivory Auto

• joshe90
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Sep 2019 10:07 #213280 by joshe90
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationFor sale is my 2019 Suzuki Jimny SZ5 AllGrip 1.5 Auto in Chiffon Ivory.

1 owner from new, 1,200 miles (mainly motorway miles), only selling because I haven't had chance to drive the car much and already have 2 other cars.

Equipment list - LED Headlights, Satellite Navigation , Climate Control, Android Auto / Apple Car Play, DAB, Bluetooth Phone and Audio, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Lane Keep Assist, Forward Collision Warning, Alloy Wheels.

HPI Clear, no finance on the vehicle, as new.

Viewings by appointment only. Test drives will require full proof of comprehensive insurance. Car is located in Nottingham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Sep 2019 18:30 #213290 by Andy2640
Glad i got mine for around £19,000.

Thats a lot of shekels. Good luck.

More
08 Sep 2019 18:39 #213291 by DAGZOOK

Andy2640 wrote: Glad i got mine for around £19,000.

Thats a lot of shekels. Good luck.

I got mine for list price at a main dealer. I would never have bought one from someone who is clearly profiteering. It angers me that dealers/wheeler dealers are able to buy Gen.4's when there are so many genuine enthusiasts queuing up to own one!

More
08 Sep 2019 18:41 - 08 Sep 2019 18:42 #213292 by mlines

DAGZOOK wrote:
I got mine for list price at a main dealer.

And us

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 08 Sep 2019 18:42 by mlines.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
08 Sep 2019 18:49 #213294 by Lambert
Sorry but i don't see profiteering here. I see asking the going market rate for a product where demand is higher than supply. I also don't really see wheeler dealering really as the car has 1200 miles on it which is not unrealistic on a third car. And we all know that with the best will in the world circumstances can change and the car you love might not be the car you need no matter how you try to justify it.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Sep 2019 19:20 #213296 by CC Baxter
Surely all Jim4 owners are plesed by the high residual values and if this car sells for this price we can all feel warm inside. Let us know how it goes Josh.
Chris

More
08 Sep 2019 19:23 #213297 by DAGZOOK

Lambert wrote: Sorry but i don't see profiteering here. I see asking the going market rate for a product where demand is higher than supply. I also don't really see wheeler dealing really as the car has 1200 miles on it which is not unrealistic on a third car. And we all know that with the best will in the world circumstances can change and the car you love might not be the car you need no matter how you try to justify it.

Lambert, If you were forced to sell which as you've said is totally acceptable, selling a Gen. 4 for near as damn it 4k over the NEW list price from a main dealer is terrible. I don't accept that anyone doing this wasn't motivated by pound signs to buy & sell. Hats of to those brave enough to do it, I personally couldn't.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Sep 2019 19:52 #213299 by Aj4x4
What really angered me was the person who placed a deposit on one only to sell it before it had landed in the UK for £5000 over list. He didn't ever see the car.... the "new" owner collected it from the dealer as a brand new car..... only at a incredible price hike.

If for whatever reason I had to sell mine..... I would happily sell for what I paid. They way i would see it is this. Having the chance to enjoy it...... drive it and love and passing it on for someone else to do te same.... and if I get what I paid for it it would be free motoring. Sometimes in life being a nice person is more important than ££££££££s. Just my 2 pence worth.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Sep 2019 19:57 #213300 by Andy2640

Aj4x4 wrote: What really angered me was the person who placed a deposit on one only to sell it before it had landed in the UK for £5000 over list. He didn't ever see the car.... the "new" owner collected it from the dealer as a brand new car..... only at a incredible price hike.

If for whatever reason I had to sell mine..... I would happily sell for what I paid. They way i would see it is this. Having the chance to enjoy it...... drive it and love and passing it on for someone else to do te same.... and if I get what I paid for it it would be free motoring. Sometimes in life being a nice person is more important than ££££££££s. Just my 2 pence worth.

Commendable.

More
08 Sep 2019 20:03 #213301 by mlines

Aj4x4 wrote: What really angered me was the person who placed a deposit on one only to sell it before it had landed in the UK for £5000 over list. He didn't ever see the car.... the "new" owner collected it from the dealer as a brand new car..... only at a incredible price hike.

Have you really seen this, we have been watching closely and not seen anyone really achieve this. There have been lots that have hung around between £22k and£23k for a long time.

As Lambert says, the market will dictate and everything has a value to the seller and the buyer. Our local dealer has their demonstrator with 100 miles for £21,995 for sale

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, gusthegorilla

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
09 Sep 2019 04:28 #213310 by Lambert

DAGZOOK wrote:

Lambert wrote: Sorry but i don't see profiteering here. I see asking the going market rate for a product where demand is higher than supply. I also don't really see wheeler dealing really as the car has 1200 miles on it which is not unrealistic on a third car. And we all know that with the best will in the world circumstances can change and the car you love might not be the car you need no matter how you try to justify it.

Lambert, If you were forced to sell which as you've said is totally acceptable, selling a Gen. 4 for near as damn it 4k over the NEW list price from a main dealer is terrible. I don't accept that anyone doing this wasn't motivated by pound signs to buy & sell. Hats of to those brave enough to do it, I personally couldn't.

First off its an automatic one which commands a premium from Suzuki and there's also the cost of any accessories as supplied with the car which goes towards determining the price.

Second if I had been rich enough to have bought a new air cooled 911 turbo as a third car and given it only a few miles a year and then discovered that I needed to release some capital I would not be listing it for what it cost me new I would be listing it for what it cost now. Ok the margins on a Jimny compared to a Porsche are slightly different but the principle is the same. If you have an appreciating asset you don't give it away, yes it's rare in the car market to not suffer deprecation but why would you do it voluntarily?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Sep 2019 04:34 #213311 by CC Baxter
This sounds like a subject that divides, thank goodness no-one has mentioned house prices.
Chris

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds