BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Dan's Blueish Black

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jun 2016 12:47 - 14 Jun 2016 14:40 #168528 by Daniel30
Dan's Blueish Black was created by Daniel30
So I've been on the forum a while now and thought it was time to show a little progress of the jim i don't know where the time has gone, this is when i picked her up at the forecourt November 2014 :)
(its not quite in the right order and its a bit shortened but I've done my best)

File Attachment:
The first thing i bought was a steering damper as i felt the steering was a bit wobbly for me :) after fitting this it was such an improvement. The first problem i had to get sorted was the dreaded kingpin, i had found a mechanic on the forum called Mark who wasn't a million miles away in Tonbridge and had owned a modified jimmy to fit a new one for me and so a kit from the Bigjimny shop was ordered inc the grease etc

File Attachment:

Next on the list was a set of tyres and after seeing other jimmy's with modulars on i decided to get some as well (especially in black cause my mate Gus loves them!!) i liked the idea of a -30 offset without fitting spacers, i opted for some general grabber AT in 205/75/15 and after i got them fitted i was pleased with the result

File Attachment:

Bonnet protection was purchased this one in particular because it didn't really touch the bonnet and made the grills look deeper, then de badged and the jimmy's head unit was upgraded ;)

File Attachment:
File Attachment:

Then i thought it was time for some under seal to keep the metal moth at bay :woohoo: lots of different versions and ideas but the hammerite and waxoyl have worked ok for me :)

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

I wanted to see what the jim could do off road so started looking for some pay and play sites found one not to far away and put the date in my calendar, in the mean time i was you tubing jimnys off road etc and after watching numerous clips and more info from the forum thought it was a good investment to get some protection for the underside, came across a chap on flea bay making rock/tree sliders so got in touch and he made me some up and fitted them for me, i also fitted a ORA transfer box guard to keep everything intact in that area.

Had a good day at the pay and play amazed at the jimny and what it could do, the tyres had done well as it was so muddy it had been raining all day and the course was like a bog just getting to the reception bit to sign in :woohoo:

File Attachment:

I had bent the front drivers side radius arm at the site so i rang a few breakers to see if i could get a replacement but no one had one at the time, that got me thinking about a lift after much reading and asking questions on the forum and seeing Dave's Bits for vits Jimmy (yes I'm blaming you Dave) i finally settled on a 3'' trail master kit form the bigjimny shop (thanks Martin) and castor corrected arms from jimnybits, brake lines, adjustable panhard rods, etc................ THE BUG HAD FINALLY BIT :evil: :laugh:

so a phone call to Mark..............

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Lots of other items were fitted to, diff guards,radius arm guards,shock mount guards front and back, heavy duty transfers box brackets then came a snorkel :silly:

File Attachment:

I had some 13cm component speakers that had been siting around so decided to try and fit these the footwell speakers we're a bit of a tight squeeze but got them in and the tweeter on the dash were easy enough to fit, they sound much better compliments the rear speakers and the subwoofer now ;)

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Next on the list was a roof rack i had contacted a few people to see if they could make me one and they all said they were to busy!
then Adam on this forum had his one for sell i had seen it in his thread on his adventures abroad and when i saw it in the for sale section i pm;d him and made arrangements to go and pick it up it was just what I've been looking for ;) it wasn't complete without some lights so installed four LED spots onto the rack but they still need to be wired up which is my next job when it stops raining :)
Some Suzuki wind deflectors on the front windows so the breeze doesn't mess my hair up :woohoo: (if i had any!!)

File Attachment:

I had been looking at blinds for the rear windows and the pre cut acrylic but in the end went for a vinyl film that was fitted by a window tinting company to keep prying eyes out of the jim when parked up and it does keep it a bit cooler in there when stood in the sun now.

File Attachment:

Then a little item that had bugged me for ages got treatment it was the bright orange side repeaters i know its silly but they had to go so some smoked repeaters and chrome bulbs from Flea Bay were ordered, they said they were a direct fit but they were apparently for the older jimmy but a chop of the cables and some spade clips rectified that.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

so thats it for now over and out !!! :woohoo: :silly: :woohoo: ;)

File Attachment:
Last edit: 14 Jun 2016 14:40 by Daniel30.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2016 13:18 #168530 by JimnyUser
Replied by JimnyUser on topic Dan's 07
Looks good Dan, liking the trailmaster shocks, might invest in some of those in future :) I plan to black hammerite and waxoyl as much as I can underneath too, better than doing nothing.

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jun 2016 13:33 #168535 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Dan's 07
Thanks, yeah you won't be disappointed with the trailmasters
good clean/brush off then a coat definitely better than nothing ;)

More
14 Jun 2016 14:14 #168540 by gusthegorilla
Replied by gusthegorilla on topic Dan's 07
Well thanks a lot....Mate :whistle: ...it's taken me my whole lunch break to read that little lot :woohoo:
Great write-up Dan, clear, concise and damned good pics (apart from one :evil: )
You've shamed me into it now though....suppose I'd better start on of my own...just gotta think of something a bit nattier than '07 Jimny' :evil: :evil:

I'm planning to live forever.....so far, so good !!

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jun 2016 14:37 #168543 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic 07 Jimny
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Yeah i know the titles a bit naff could not think of anything at the time I'll have to edit it :woohoo:

Yes you will have to do a write up of yours mate maybe it will inspire you to fit those slipper racks you stole off me :evil: :evil: :evil: :whistle:

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jun 2016 14:41 #168544 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Dan's Blueish Black
Edited just for you Gus :kiss: :woohoo: :woohoo:

More
14 Jun 2016 17:14 #168551 by Halford
Replied by Halford on topic Dan's Blueish Black
:woohoo: great write - up Dan

Look forward to your next update,
How are those spots coming along ?

;)

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jun 2016 17:31 #168554 by Daniel30
Thanks Halford
I have the wiring etc waiting for some nice weather so I can get going still wondering what will look good as I need to run the wire up the snorkel and onto the roof rack some how ;)

More
14 Jun 2016 19:08 - 03 Jul 2016 12:06 #168563 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Dan's Blueish Black
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationtake the aerial out of it's mount and push wire through for lights ;)
and replace with one of these

Jack
Last edit: 03 Jul 2016 12:06 by mlines.

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jun 2016 20:36 #168569 by Daniel30
I was going to ask if anyone had used one of these and how the reception was :woohoo:

Thanks Jack

More
15 Jun 2016 16:27 #168616 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Dan's Blueish Black

Daniel30 wrote: I was going to ask if anyone had used one of these and how the reception was :woohoo:

Thanks Jack

i had a cheap one with a green led worked just as good as original in my skoda
i just wired it to head unit switched live feed ;)

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Jun 2016 16:47 #168617 by Daniel30
Thanks Jack think that's the way I'm going to go and to be honest I don't actually listen to the radio that much :woohoo: more mp3

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds