BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

TPS clockwise or counter clockwise operation.

• Limhamn
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Feb 2019 14:15 #202996 by Limhamn
Is the TPS available in two versions, clockwise and counter clockwise operation with the same appearance and measurements?

I have a Jimny from 1999 where the throttle has a counter clockwise operation as seen from the gas wire side. Accordingly, the TPS shall move in a counter clockwise way, seen from the same view. Since the old TPS was totally damaged I ordered a new one from Meat & Doria through AutoDoc. As the part arrived I realized that the movement of the new part is clockwise, and I am not able to install it. Now I am puzzled: The part number on the packing for the delivered TPS is corresponding to my old TPS. Is it possible that Meat & Doria have put the wrong part in the box delivered to me. Hence my question above.

Under my investigations I visited the scrap yard where I checked on a Vitara. On this Vitara the thottle had a clockwise operation. And, as expected, the TPS on the Vitara had a clockwise operation.

Does anyone have any knowledge in this matter?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds