BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Loosing washer fluid through rear door

• v8dougie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Nov 2011 20:01 #26818 by v8dougie
Loosing washer fluid through rear door was created by v8dougie
Hope someone can help...filled up the washer fluid yesterday, and by this morning the bottle was empty again. There was a wet mark under the spare wheel, so clear it is leaking from there somewhere.

Have not investigated too far, but the rear washer is still working fine, and there is nowhere obvious the fluid is coming from. It is dripping of the most forward part of the spare wheel, which is a bit odd as the car is parked slightly up hill!

Any thoughts of what it might be, or anyone had anything similar happen?

Cheers in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2011 20:36 #26825 by facade
There is a valve in the line to the rear washer that acts as a non return valve. It is a spring loaded affair that opens with pressure from the pump. From what others post it is inline inside the rear door panel, but it could be inside the washer jet.

Yours is leaking.

Park nose down, to make the washer jet higher than the tank and it will stop leaking.
Or, plug the pipe to the rear washer and disconnect the wires to the pump.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• teafortwo0789
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Nov 2011 20:42 #26830 by teafortwo0789
Replied by teafortwo0789 on topic Re: Loosing washer fluid through rear door
I had the same problem. My Jimny is usually parked oin a small slope. It had an in -line valve, which is quite small. Remove the rear panel, quite job. The valve has an arrow showing direction of flown. I blew down the valve to clear and gave it a poke with a small piece of plastic, thin strimmer cord. I was afraid of scoring the valve so avoided using thin wire I think there was a small bit of grit which held the ball valve open causing it to leak, problem solved. No cost.

• v8dougie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2011 08:31 #26856 by v8dougie
Replied by v8dougie on topic Re: Loosing washer fluid through rear door
Thanks chaps.

I shall investigate ASAP, very annoying not having washer fluid this time of year!

Any hints or tips or how to's for how to remove the rear boot panel?

Cheers

More
29 Nov 2011 10:51 #26874 by Halford
hope these help Phil

this one shows the clips

and here's the rear door exposed

would be good if you could take step by step pics as you removed yours and make a guide for other users
;)

• v8dougie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2011 10:53 #26875 by v8dougie
Replied by v8dougie on topic Re: Loosing washer fluid through rear door
Thanks Halford, will do a Guide when I get round to doing it, not sure how good the photos will be though as it will probably be in the dark!

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds