BigJimny Meet 2019 (17 May 2019)

BigJimny Meet and off-road driving day

20TH OCTOBER 2019

BOOKING NOW CLOSED

If you have booked you will shortly receive joining instructions- See HERE for discussion

Noggin and Natter - pre-event chat - Old Bell at Grazeley (part of hotel) 7:30pm 19th October

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.[/size][/color][/b]

Dash cam/Stereo upgrade on Gen 4

More
14 Jul 2019 11:57 #211027 by tim04
Hi there
I did a search of the site but couldn't find anything specific about wiring a front dash cam; I have a basic Next Base camera and I'm looking to wire it into the most convenient location and would be grateful for any advice. In my last car I was able to run a cable underneath the trim and wire it into the fusebox with a "piggy back" fuse holder, but I wondered if the housing next to the rear mirror contained useable power?

Also. I really want to upgrade the radio unit to a screen but have struggled to find a trim that would fit a 7" screen; the other option would be to fit a 9" Android unit designed specifically for the new Jimny but I'm a bit hesitant to order one from China without some positive reviews...

Thanks

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: funkyjimnyooky_123
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds