BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Surrey green lane videos and Google map

• GuardianAngel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 May 2013 22:32 - 05 May 2014 19:46 #72272 by GuardianAngel
Surrey green lane videos and Google map was created by GuardianAngel
I have been doing a few more lanes in Surrey recently and have videoed them and have started to create a Google map with the start and end of the lanes I have done so far. More will be added as time goes on.

The map can be imported and overlayed with the regular Google map by using this URL in your browser:

maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=20262282521...pn=0.116606,0.338173

If you have the Google maps app on your phone, you can enter the URL into the map search. If you use your phone as a Satnav, you can then use the markers to find directions directly to the end points of the lanes. I have tried to get them as accurate as possible :)

Note: If your viewing using Google maps in a browser, you will have to paginate to see all the routes and markers. In Google's infinite wisdom they will not allow you to load all the markers and routes on the map at once.

I have also added links to videos of me driving along it on the start and end marker. Just click on them to bring up the description and click the video links.

Enjoy!

All videos best viewed in 720p (HD).

Drove Road and Sheepwalk Lane

Nice lane, fairly easy going with some mild ruts and muddy water. This starts at Drove Road that turns into Sheepwalk Lane. Beggars Lane can also be accessed from Drove Road but it is TRO'ed. Sorry about the reflection off the dashboard from the Sun. I will re-do this lane and get a better video.

London Lane

Very good lane, becomes very rutted towards the end at the south end of the lane. Video does not do it justice; my Duellers struggled a bit and almost got grounded a few times, but I teased it through and made it out alive B) A lifted Jimny with mud tyres would be OK through this though. If it was very wet this would probably be impassable in a stock Jimny.

Wolvens Lane

A great lane, very long, lovely views, definitely worth doing.

Admirals Road

A short lane, narrow but nice views. Good lead in for Hogdens Lane if your coming in from the north.

Hogden Lane

Brilliant lane, very stony in places, great views, quite long, well worth doing.

Unnamed lane near Wolvens Lane (south side)

Quite nice, worth doing if your doing Wolvens Lane anyway.

Buckland Lane
This is sign posted from the A25 (Lawrence Lane), but turns into Buckland Lane which is the name of the byway. This is a cracking lane, making the ascent from the A25 between Reigate and Brockham (tarmac from Lawrence Lane) up to Pfizers at the top of the downs by the M25.

It's pretty rutted in places but my standard Jimny made it with no real problems, but any wetter and it may end up being too muddy for road tyres.

Went along here a few weeks ago, and spoke to a couple of trail bikers who were amazed that I was taking the Jimny up there but it made it up then down again.

Here are a couple of photos from then.

Holdenbrook Lane

I did this lane a day after the first wave of storms on the 22nd of December 2013. It was pretty muddy but no problem for standard tyres. The lane goes through Holden Brook, and after the rain we had it was pretty swollen, although it's a very small stream normally. I did it earlier in the day coming the other way and lost my number plate hitting the brook!

Ride Lane

This is a toughest lane I have driven so far, and the first one I have got stuck on :( Very muddy and boggy with some steep sloping sides making for some interesting angles! Like Holdenbrook Lane above, I did this lane a day after the first wave of storms on the 22nd of December 2013. It's a longish video and the best bits are from the middle onwards so bear with it (sped up only x2 times so you don't loose the detail of the road).

Last edit: 05 May 2014 19:46 by GuardianAngel. Reason: Added some photos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Grizzly
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jun 2013 23:05 #72673 by Grizzly
Replied by Grizzly on topic Surrey green lane videos and Google map
Great videos!! Shame I don't live anywhere near Surrey, although if I ever visit I'll have some places to go B)

• Dan_w
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jun 2013 03:36 #72911 by Dan_w
Replied by Dan_w on topic Surrey green lane videos and Google map
This is great. B)

A friend of mine builds apps for a number of big companys and i have been trying to get him to find the time to build a green lanining app based on the OS open data mapping.

He pulled something together for me as a basis but has not had time to go further with it recently. the plan will be something like this as an overlay on OS maps where people can interact and add comments about lanes.

I just wish i knew how to do it myself.

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Dec 2013 12:23 #96388 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic Surrey green lane videos and Google map
cant believe how fast your going down Buckland lane ;) ;) :laugh: :laugh:

• ToySoldier
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Dec 2013 12:31 #96391 by ToySoldier
Replied by ToySoldier on topic Surrey green lane videos and Google map
great videos =] i ride those lanes on my bikes alot (well did before i broke my leg) and its the first call of orders when i get my jim next year =] some of the lanes get mega mega boggy at times aswell.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

• GuardianAngel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Dec 2013 12:34 #96392 by GuardianAngel
Replied by GuardianAngel on topic Surrey green lane videos and Google map

jonesyba420 wrote: cant believe how fast your going down Buckland lane ;) ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Even more amazing as I am actually going up hill ;)

• GuardianAngel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Dec 2013 12:36 #96393 by GuardianAngel

ToySoldier wrote: great videos =] i ride those lanes on my bikes alot (well did before i broke my leg) and its the first call of orders when i get my jim next year =] some of the lanes get mega mega boggy at times aswell.

When you do get the J, we will have to meetup and do a tour :)

• ToySoldier
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Dec 2013 13:13 #96401 by ToySoldier
Replied by ToySoldier on topic Surrey green lane videos and Google map

GuardianAngel wrote:

ToySoldier wrote: great videos =] i ride those lanes on my bikes alot (well did before i broke my leg) and its the first call of orders when i get my jim next year =] some of the lanes get mega mega boggy at times aswell.

When you do get the J, we will have to meetup and do a tour :)

defiantly =]

• GuardianAngel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 May 2014 19:47 #114269 by GuardianAngel
Added some photos of my recent trips B)

• miktt100
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 May 2014 16:48 #114315 by miktt100
Replied by miktt100 on topic Surrey green lane videos and Google map
We'll put together Justin mate , quality vids , can't wait to get at em at weekend ;)

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds