BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Hello from Teesside

• Smoggy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 May 2013 17:30 #71280 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic Hello from Teesside
After April 2001 the tax became emission based. Prior to that it was based on engine size hence why after 01 your road tax is over £70 a year more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2013 17:43 #71281 by gilburton
Replied by gilburton on topic Hello from Teesside
I believe the interim non vvt M13a twin cam is £205??
Offsetting all this the newer models will not require a lot of repairs or welding!!
Also the later models are zinc coated or galvanised .
The dash is better and the radio is double din although the Jimny facia plate has rounded edges making standard double din radios hard to fit.
The later models(2005/6 onwards) are push button 4WD

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)

• nicho
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 May 2013 17:46 - 21 May 2013 17:58 #71282 by nicho
Replied by nicho on topic Hello from Teesside
have a look on ebay for a ripspeed incar dvd flip screen they are cheep but just dont have it on dvd mode while driving or plod will have you if they see you.

just had a look myself n i wouldt get a second hand one for the cost hear have a look its the 7 inch one im mean.
www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servl...d_-1_MFName_Ripspeed

pluss u can link it to another screen and a camera ( could even put the camra under the car to view ground clearance )
Last edit: 21 May 2013 17:58 by nicho.

• Jboothby
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 May 2013 22:48 #71333 by Jboothby
Replied by Jboothby on topic Hello from Teesside
It's funny I was actually looking at one of them in halfords the other day and wanted to know if it would fit the jimny! As it would cover up the slide bits which I'm not a fan of and also be able to be pushed away so no theifs think its a fancy GPS system! ;o

Alright think ill be looking into an older model with decent miles and either red or black with all the chrome finishes, I do like my chrome!

Thanks for your help everyone, shall post more when I get my little jimny, sorry BIGjimny!

Jack

More
22 May 2013 06:48 - 22 May 2013 06:51 #71348 by gilburton
Replied by gilburton on topic Hello from Teesside
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationJust as a matter of interest you can get this facia panel which allows any standard double din unit to fit the later Jimny. It has the "square" corners.

Another option with the later Jimny would be to get the above and a standard single din flip out dvd player and put a single din pocket in with it. This would fill up the double din space. If you could get a cheap flip out one off ebay or somewhere it would keep the total cost down.

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)
Last edit: 22 May 2013 06:51 by gilburton.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jboothby

• UKDAN
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 May 2013 16:57 #71397 by UKDAN
Replied by UKDAN on topic Hello from Teesside

Jboothby wrote: As it would cover up the slide bits which I'm not a fan of and also be able to be pushed away so no theifs think its a fancy GPS system!
Jack

Just a thought but if you can walk round Halfords & look at stereos so can thieves so they probably know what to look for when its all folded away. I've got a 15year old Sony tape deck that I've had in my last 4 cars, the radio has RDS so stays tuned in & the tape converter makes it work well with the iPod.
So would the tape deck make it more desirable to young thieves as they are probably to young to remember tapes & might think its a new fangled idea ???

Dan

• Jboothby
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 May 2013 17:16 #71399 by Jboothby
Replied by Jboothby on topic Hello from Teesside

UKDAN wrote:

Jboothby wrote: As it would cover up the slide bits which I'm not a fan of and also be able to be pushed away so no theifs think its a fancy GPS system!
Jack

Just a thought but if you can walk round Halfords & look at stereos so can thieves so they probably know what to look for when its all folded away.
Dan

This is very true, but I really want something like that in the car, the whole touch the screen change the music quickly more safely, Or i can get some bluetooth parrot thingy ive heard of but i do like the sound of the screen. If i got the flip out screen it would still be less likely to be stolen but then again its more of the wrong time wrong place rather than what you actually have in your car :/

Jack :cheer:

More
10 Jul 2013 23:26 #76640 by grumyoldjoe
Replied by grumyoldjoe on topic Hello from Teesside
Wheres the nearest place for me (teesside) to learn offroading and 4 wheel driving in another Jim (ie not using my own brand new motor) ?
On line tutes dont really give the full picture or experience and I am not ready to bend and bash my own motor yet :blush: :blush:
TIA

Wine improves with age.
The older I get the more I like it

• LeeWi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2013 18:45 #76733 by LeeWi
Replied by LeeWi on topic Hello from Teesside
Am from sunderland, and blueeeee :)

More
11 Jul 2013 18:49 #76735 by Halford
Replied by Halford on topic Hello from Teesside
Hi Lee
were you in ADSA south shields car park the other day ?
;)

• LeeWi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2013 21:54 #76784 by LeeWi
Replied by LeeWi on topic Hello from Teesside
Not that I can remember mate, maybe, it was defo me you seen next to sleepers in boldon before tho :p

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds