BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

JIMNY SEAT BELTS

• tx200
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Dec 2012 11:20 #55498 by tx200
JIMNY SEAT BELTS was created by tx200
i posted a topic on here about what seems to be a jimny problem, front seat belts not returning. today i spoke to a guy from securon the seat belt makers and he said he's sure i need a set of 500/15 £24.95 each ) for my car. and to get rid of the air bag light , put a 2.5 ohm resiter across the conection and it will go out.

does this info look as if this will do the business. now i'll have to work out how to remove the old belt system. im sure some one will know how to remove the interior to do this.

TX200

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• goatboy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Dec 2012 11:26 - 14 Dec 2012 11:29 #55500 by goatboy
Replied by goatboy on topic JIMNY SEAT BELTS
Like was said in the other topic most Jimny seat belts are slow going back. If you search on here its been covered a few times and nobody seems to have fixed it. I'm sure if you want to put new belts in that would help but it might be a more fundamental problem in the design.

I can't see how this would affect the airbag light though.
Putting a resistor across anything to do with the airbag is effectively cheating the system into thinking its working so be very very careful.

I recently had the airbag light on and depending on the year you can actually get the dash to flash up what the error is (its in the workshop manual how you do it). on mine it was the slip ring behind the steering wheel that had broken. I got a scrap one, checked it and replaced it and the light is now off...

Still the seatbelts don't return properly though....
Last edit: 14 Dec 2012 11:29 by goatboy.

• adamatdraycott
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Dec 2012 15:10 - 14 Dec 2012 15:13 #55513 by adamatdraycott
Replied by adamatdraycott on topic JIMNY SEAT BELTS
If you are talking about the two front seatbelts not returning... its very common in Jimny's

The guides are very close together to stop the belt twisting... and the general grime on the belt transfers to the guides clogging them up!

If you look carefully between the guides and the belt, you will probably see a black sticky substance. Scrub/scrape this away with a small screwdriver/toothbrush. You may need to force the belt to one side.

My belts sometimes wouldn't return, and came close to being shut in the doors a few times :angry:
Last edit: 14 Dec 2012 15:13 by adamatdraycott.

• Allen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Dec 2012 16:23 #55515 by Allen
Replied by Allen on topic JIMNY SEAT BELTS
Mate get it plugged in, A diagnostics check should tell you where the problem is, I had a warrior the other day and it was disc behind the steering wheel (squibble).. I'd have check probably first before guessing..

More
14 Dec 2012 16:43 - 14 Dec 2012 16:46 #55516 by dirtydogz
Replied by dirtydogz on topic JIMNY SEAT BELTS
Pull the seatbelts right out wash with hot water and some washing-up liquid till you got all the grime off, then hook the seatbelts around opposite seat and let them dry.

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Last edit: 14 Dec 2012 16:46 by dirtydogz.

• GuardianAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Dec 2012 22:23 #55550 by GuardianAngel
Replied by GuardianAngel on topic Re: JIMNY SEAT BELTS
Yep I have shut my belt in the door several times. Bloody annoying!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds