Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Did you spot a Jimny on the road?
Report it here.

Was it You?

More
05 May 2019 05:40 #207337 by stiffsteve204me
Was it You? was created by stiffsteve204me
Finally, I have seen another Gen4 on the road.

I passed a white one - yes, we did wave :) - on the Bridgenorth /Much Wenlock road A458, yesterday, late morning. A glance at the trip readout, showed 800 miles on the clock, travelling from the North East of Scotland down to the Midlands, and, in and around Birmingham.

They are few, and far between.

Incidentally, driving on good A roads, suits the car perfectly, IMO. 55-60 mph, and the average mpg gradually ticks up. We are on 39.4 mpg, so far, after 865 miles since collection.

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 May 2019 06:28 #207339 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Was it You?

stiffsteve204me wrote: Finally, I have seen another Gen4 on the road.

I passed a white one - yes, we did wave :) - on the Bridgenorth /Much Wenlock road A458, yesterday, late morning. A glance at the trip readout, showed 800 miles on the clock, travelling from the North East of Scotland down to the Midlands, and, in and around Birmingham.

They are few, and far between.

Incidentally, driving on good A roads, suits the car perfectly, IMO. 55-60 mph, and the average mpg gradually ticks up. We are on 39.4 mpg, so far, after 865 miles since collection.

Steve.

I got a funny story too. I live in Nuneaton, and on Tuesday's I run a course in Leamington Spa. About a month ago I'd just finished for the day and was sitting on a bench outside the church (watching pigeons pecking the floor, looking at lovely lady's walk by, wondering where my bloody Jimny was etc etc). Just as my minds thoughts went from some lady's legs to my Jimny............ A BLUE JIMNY PASSED BY. I thought i was going nuts and hallucinating ;-). Anyways fast forward to last week and my collection day, I see a card on the salesman desk. When he went to get some MORE paperwork, I read the card. It was from Mr and Mrs ******** and they had made the card especially, as it had there Blue jim on the front, it was very nice....... thanking the dealer for their blue automatic, with a short note on how much they loved it. I asked my salesman about the card, and he said.....A lovely couple in Leamington spa gave it me, and these were the only 2 Jims we have sold at our dealership.
Small world.

The end........

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 May 2019 17:09 #207388 by Andy2640

GeorgeC wrote: I am occasionally amused by place names, Andy, yours is one of those, "NunEaton".
Begs the question is there a Nun-Oxford, or a Nun-Cambridge?
You can laugh at out local motto:
"Bassendean, We're all here 'cause were not all there" .

Yes, it is a strange one. There was a day, not that long ago, where I knew exactly why it was called NunEaton. But unfortunately all my knowledge and common sense has now been overtaken by my Jimny obsession :-) No joke, i really have forgotten.

Summit to do with Nuns eating, yes something like that ;-)

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 May 2019 17:28 #207392 by Andy2640

GeorgeC wrote:

Andy2640 wrote: ....... But unfortunately all my knowledge and common sense has now been overtaken by my Jimny obsession :-) No joke, I really have forgotten.

I know exactly what you mean. I go to bed at 5:00 and up again at 11:30 to read/write to these Jimny-obsessives on the other side of the planet. :) Its 1:30 now time to sleep.

I can relate mate ;) Good night George.

More
05 May 2019 18:44 #207403 by stiffsteve204me
Replied by stiffsteve204me on topic Was it You?

GeorgeC wrote: I am occasionally amused by place names, Andy, yours is one of those, "NunEaton".
Begs the question is there a Nun-Oxford, or a Nun-Cambridge?
You can laugh at out local motto:
"Bassendean, We're all here 'cause were not all there" .

Here you go, George.

www.definitions.net/definition/Nuneaton

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
06 May 2019 05:12 #207421 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Was it You?
Surname, boring!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 May 2019 06:38 #207424 by Andy2640

Lambert wrote: Surname, boring!

Hahaa.... Charming ;-) I heard it was a Nun, who was attacked on the way home from mass, and was dismembered and eaten by a cannibal, hence Nun-Eaten.

More
06 May 2019 21:57 #207467 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Was it You?
"Was it You"? the thread began. Today I saw a new model Jimny (silver)complete with roof rack had made it as far as driving into the third world. Whether that vehicle and occupants ever return to civilisation as we know it remains to be seen. So if it was you that entered Glasgow, I trust you are safe and well. P.S. Thought the roof rack looked an excellent fit, although some natives may have confused it for a climbing frame/vantage point after you parked up.

More
07 May 2019 05:43 #207473 by stiffsteve204me
Replied by stiffsteve204me on topic Was it You?

Bob1050 wrote: "Was it You"? the thread began. Today I saw a new model Jimny (silver)complete with roof rack had made it as far as driving into the third world. Whether that vehicle and occupants ever return to civilisation as we know it remains to be seen. So if it was you that entered Glasgow, I trust you are safe and well. P.S. Thought the roof rack looked an excellent fit, although some natives may have confused it for a climbing frame/vantage point after you parked up.

A classic case of "thread drift", Bill. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The natives would think the roof rack was an easy access delivery service.;)

We are heading up by Lichfield today, via M42/A38. That 100 mile round trip will take us over the 1000 mile mark. 39.4 mpg from the Auto.

Steve.

More
07 May 2019 21:07 #207504 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Was it You?

stiffsteve204me wrote:

Bob1050 wrote: "Was it You"? the thread began. Today I saw a new model Jimny (silver)complete with roof rack had made it as far as driving into the third world. Whether that vehicle and occupants ever return to civilisation as we know it remains to be seen. So if it was you that entered Glasgow, I trust you are safe and well. P.S. Thought the roof rack looked an excellent fit, although some natives may have confused it for a climbing frame/vantage point after you parked up.

A classic case of "thread drift", Bill. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The natives would think the roof rack was an easy access delivery service.;)

We are heading up by Lichfield today, via M42/A38. That 100 mile round trip will take us over the 1000 mile mark. 39.4 mpg from the Auto.

Steve.

As that engine loosens up you might expect to see a few more mpg appearing if running on the main roads - but that's a pretty decent score you are getting from an auto.

More
07 Jun 2019 06:22 - 07 Jun 2019 06:38 #209728 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Was it You?
At last. I saw my first wild Gen4 Jimny last night, a blue one in Hazlingden at about 19:00. Any one on here? I didn't flash due to junctions, but did pip and wave and got a wave back :lol:
Last edit: 07 Jun 2019 06:38 by Soeley.

More
08 Jun 2019 08:26 #209751 by me101
Replied by me101 on topic Was it You?
Just jumping on this thread - there is a blue lifted jimny in Hatfield (Doncaster) with red axles - anyone on here?

2007 Little Jim with cheap mods!
www.youtube.com/channel/UCeBDekO99Qk2aOmBmSmrI9w

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds