BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny from Dorset Now with Carputer

• srcars
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Nov 2011 19:21 #26669 by srcars
Replied by srcars on topic Re: Jimny from Dorset Now with Carputer
To be fair it had quite a few light scratches from previous trips which didnt show up on pics although nothing that bad. Not worried though as I am not concerned about its re-sale value as its not going anywhere and its being used for what we want it for B)

The snorkel took a real beating and I am glad to say its fine.

Couple more trips like that and it will be time for a colour change :evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2011 22:58 #26693 by kirkynut
I got a bad scratch the first time I took mine laning and in 10' of driving it went from a shiny to a well worn off roader. My Mrs thought I was gonna go mad but I had no choice but to shrug my shoulders and not worry. Like you I bought mine to use off road and as a long termer, so resale value became less important.

The noise like finger nails down a black board is chilling though when you know virgin paint is being scratched hard. Now it's got too many scratches to count and two dented front wings. Character eh?

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• srcars
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Nov 2011 07:57 - 27 Nov 2011 08:02 #26696 by srcars
:laugh: yep finger nails :sick:

Here is a short bit of video from the lane, although its not the narrowest lane we have been down the foliage was very abrasive :whistle:

to be fair to Suzuki its a testiment of the the quality of their soft tops too ;)
Last edit: 27 Nov 2011 08:02 by srcars.

More
27 Nov 2011 09:12 #26699 by Halford
thought you would have come back down the lane
to get matching sides :pinch:
bet not many park next to you in the supermarket carpark :lol:

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Nov 2011 12:24 #26713 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: Jimny from Dorset Now with Carputer
what you need is two hedge trimmers fastened to the door mirrors :cheer:

• srcars
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2012 09:18 #32183 by srcars
Went out across Salisbury Plain and up to Devizes on Sat. Whenever we go out we seem to be the only ones with a camera so never get any footage of the Jimny but thought I would share this one as it involves us recovering a Disco ;) in fairness the Disco was on road tyres and did incredibly well, but that bit was just to much.

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2012 09:51 #32185 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: Jimny from Dorset Now with Carputer
nice video - looked like a fun day out :)

• tommyguns
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Sep 2013 17:28 #84224 by tommyguns
Replied by tommyguns on topic Jimny from Dorset Now with Carputer
apologies for bringing up old threads, but just wanted to say those modulars on a black/silver jimny look awesome! definitely convinced me to get a set :D

• srcars
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Sep 2013 18:48 #84230 by srcars
Replied by srcars on topic Jimny from Dorset Now with Carputer

tommyguns wrote: apologies for bringing up old threads, but just wanted to say those modulars on a black/silver jimny look awesome! definitely convinced me to get a set :D

Agh thats where my thread went ;)
To be honest I havent needed to update this post as the Jimny is going great. In a way forums although incredibly helpful tend to show all the negatives with breakdowns and faults ect. But behind the scene are many cars plodding on behaving themselves mile after mile including the odd dose of abuse with out so much as a mention :) The little Suzuki has performed perfectly for what I want off road (green laning) and always impresses the guys I go out with who are mainly LR owners. I also tend to use it when I drive to work (to old to cycle when its pouring with rain at 5.30 in the morning) Its not that good on fuel with the 235 Mts on giving about just under 28mpg which is still better than my Jeep Cherokee can do :whistle: I do have some ATs fitted to the original Alloys which I put on if I know I wont be off road for a while or only mild trips in the hope of a few more MPGs and saving the tread on the MTs but they dont really make that much difference and the MTs look sooo much better B)

• srcars
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Feb 2014 19:18 #105069 by srcars
Replied by srcars on topic Jimny from Dorset Now with Carputer
Finished my rear recovery point, Should be plenty strong enough for the laning we do.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

My Jimny has a 2" body lift so with the taper of the rear bumper meant it didn't have to reach so far to clear the bumper. Could have done with being a bit longer but to be honest only ever needed assistance a couple of times. This one is made from 10mm steel plate, 210mm long and 45mm wide, the 2 10mm mounting holes are 80mm apart.

1st mock up for the front ;)

File Attachment:

• Mister Stu
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Feb 2014 11:47 #105171 by Mister Stu
Replied by Mister Stu on topic Jimny from Dorset Now with Carputer
Its nice to see somebody else with my taste for tight and tricky lanes.. you'll have to show me around the area :whistle:

More
19 Feb 2014 17:57 #105211 by maverick
That's not scratchy ... these are:

North Wales Bont-y-Gwyddel

Cumbria, Eversley

Look at my YouTube channel called RocketMav for more fun!!

Jalapeño, IISY?

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds